AJ dig at Mancini

Think he always showed more promise at Middlesborough as he was a bigger fish in a smaller pond, then came to City and he faded out somewhat. Thought he'd make it big and loved him when he first joined.

He'll fit in at Sunderland. Glad to see he's where he belongs, amongst his equals. Maybe since he's not going to be eclipsed by our second-choice mid-fielders, he'll have more of an incentive to start giving a damn about helping the team.

A sad end to a promising career. He'll spend the rest of his days as a journeyman. He may get the odd call up for injuries but he'll never play for England regularly.

We need more than a no pace, cut in from the right shoot with the left one trick pony.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
The most overated footballer I have seen in many a year. If he was that good why were none of the other top clubs in for him?

Thing is with Johnson-He actually believed he was better than what he was. The only thing Johnson was good at was getting pissed up. I have never changed my stance on him.The odd good game,a few good goals other than that not a lot more.

didn't take Sunderland fans too long to find out...lol

sounds familiar????
Johnson was utter shite, Sess was just shite

To be fair, Johnson was completely anonymous. Didn't beat his full-back once

Do you seriously think Johnson was anything other than shite today???

He was very good on Tuesday night but let's have a bit of unbiased reality here.

He was the worst player in a Sunderland shirt

Just because he is a class player doesn't mean he is above criticism. If Ellmohamady had played like that he would have been slaughtered.

You gotta laugh at the media calling him..."The England International Wing Wizard"

Doesn't say anything wrong.

I don't particularly like the way Mancini ignores some players either.

n_mcfc said:
Doesn't say anything wrong.

I don't particularly like the way Mancini ignores some players either.
There´s probably a reason why he was ignored, maybe being a lazy bastard on the field had something to do with it? Or being a pisshead maybe? Talented but very overrated and lazy.

I had a conversation last night with a couple of united fans and a Liverpool fan who all thought Johnson was class.My city supporting mate and I pointed out that,because they only see his"highlights" they haven't got a true picture of what he's really like.
As others have said.Talent allied with a lack of application.

Another Kinkladze type of player - put together a video of his best moments and you have what appears to be one of the best players to grace a City shirt.
Whereas in reality he couldn't be arsed half of the time and the lack of interest from a big club confirmed that other managers thought the same as Mancini.

Good luck to him.

Just wasn't Mancini's choice. He won us the FA Cup and the Premier League, along with 20 odd others.

Fair play I say, good luck to the lad. He left for the right reasons.

Thanks AJ, you'll be remembered well in this household.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.