AJ not cutting it?

Didnt he win us a penalty and score via an own goal against Fulham ?? or did I dream it...

If someone can tell me the name of any winger in the prem who beats his man every time then I will call that person deluded..

Bale struggles against packed defences as does every winger but when he gets room he performs better the same with AJ..Most games hes played this season have been against packed defences which does make it difficult for him..
Apart from lescotts goal it was AJ who came closest to getting a goal at villa..

Fucking post got in the way..

gets ridiculous all this constant player bashing cause peeps have had off days, could justify it if we were struggling but we fucking top of PL ffs. ive as most on here been guilty of player bashing over the yrs, but its been when we struggling, so like last 30 plus years,lol

welsh_andy said:
all players have off days, but aj has blistering speed,can beat anyone on his day and gets crosses in, but can score some awesome goals too, yes can be bit lazy at times, but hes a great squad player, if anyone wasnt cutting it its NDJ, but i dont agree aj isnt

Blistering pace? He's slow.

I'm still struggling to make my mind up about the lad.

welsh_andy said:
all players have off days, but aj has blistering speed,can beat anyone on his day and gets crosses in, but can score some awesome goals too, yes can be bit lazy at times, but hes a great squad player, if anyone wasnt cutting it its NDJ, but i dont agree aj isnt

Blistering speed? The boy has talent and can dribble in tight spots very quickly - but 'blistering speed' - nah. Not that being slower than you claim is necessarily a negative thing, but he just seems normal for a lad that age, and isnt therefore a reason to keep him in itself.

I believe he has the potential to be a top player - but needs to have more in his locker than he currently shows. Worth hanging on to though to see how he develops.

Personally, I can't take to him at all. His attitude comes across as lazy, he has talent but as Mancini says he seems to be happy where he's at.

He could go further if he applied himself a lot better, maybe Viera needs a word with him as he did with Micah, that seemed to work a treat!

I like Johnson. He's dangerous. He frightens defenders. It doesn't always come off for him but when he runs at people and gets close to them he's a real threat. He's not particularly effective in deeper areas, because he hasn't the pace to knock it past people. But when a team are defending around their own box, as they often are against us, he can open the door.

The frustration with him is that he seems to earn his chance at 90 minutes, then nearly always blow it. Is it a nerves thing? More likely he only works in certain type of games, making him a player to use sparingly and carefully and from the bench.

I will attract the wrath of hades for this comment, but if I were a left back I'd rather face Nasri than AJ.

simonr555 said:
welsh_andy said:

Blistering pace? He's slow.

I'm still struggling to make my mind up about the lad.
i wouldnt say hes slow and what i meant by pace was pace getting round ppl not speed down wings

Yes Adam Johnson does seems to come across as lazy in his attitude at times, maybe Mancini might have to take him to one side, and either read him the riot act or maybe ask him wether he's happy as he is playing right now.......either way its going to come down onto his shoulders, and only Adam can do anything about it, by how he apply's himself from now on...................

he is one of the must infuriating players to watch. brilliant at times, minimal impact at other times

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.