Alan [Merged]

oh my lol from city's offiial twitter

MCFC Look out for a story on <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.mcfc.co.uk</a> later today about the one and only Alan! #mcfc
1 minute ago via web

21an1nk.jpg

From the OS:

Salzburg striker Alan Douglas Borges de Carvalho has thanked the City fans for their affection and support over what has been an incredible few days in the 21-year-old’s life.

When the Brazilian striker stepped on to the pitch in the 57th minute of Wednesday’s Europa League tie, he couldn’t have imagined the reaction he would get after the announcer grappled with his five-part name eventually just introducing him as ‘Alan’.

The songs began almost immediately with chants of ‘Alan is Superman!’, ‘Alan for England’, ‘Alan for City’ among others as well as countless pleas for the youngster to give the City fans a wave.

By the end of the game, the Alan songs were outnumbering those for the Blues with the supporters urging him to cap a memorable night with a goal.

It must have been a bit bemusing for the player who joined the Austrian side from Fluminese in 2010, but he finally acknowledged the support from the stands towards the end of the game and sent a message to his new legion of admirers.

With fans’ forums reaching fever pitch over Alan, who has become something of a cult hero in the blue half of Manchester, we’ve been on his trail for the past 24 hours and he has tentatively agreed to an exclusive interview for our official website after Salzburg’s game against Austria Wien on Saturday.

Keep your eyes open for the interview all City fans are waiting for!

johnny on the spot said:
From the OS:

Salzburg striker Alan Douglas Borges de Carvalho has thanked the City fans for their affection and support over what has been an incredible few days in the 21-year-old’s life.

When the Brazilian striker stepped on to the pitch in the 57th minute of Wednesday’s Europa League tie, he couldn’t have imagined the reaction he would get after the announcer grappled with his five-part name eventually just introducing him as ‘Alan’.

The songs began almost immediately with chants of ‘Alan is Superman!’, ‘Alan for England’, ‘Alan for City’ among others as well as countless pleas for the youngster to give the City fans a wave.

By the end of the game, the Alan songs were outnumbering those for the Blues with the supporters urging him to cap a memorable night with a goal.

It must have been a bit bemusing for the player who joined the Austrian side from Fluminese in 2010, but he finally acknowledged the support from the stands towards the end of the game and sent a message to his new legion of admirers.

With fans’ forums reaching fever pitch over Alan, who has become something of a cult hero in the blue half of Manchester, we’ve been on his trail for the past 24 hours and he has tentatively agreed to an exclusive interview for our official website after Salzburg’s game against Austria Wien on Saturday.

Keep your eyes open for the interview all City fans are waiting for!
I cant wait!!

There's only 1 BraziliAlan, 1 BraziliAlan, 1 BraziliAaalaan, there's only 1 BraziliAlan.
There's only 1 BraziliAlan, 1 BraziliAlan, 1 BraziliAaalaan, there's only 1 BraziliAlan.

just got this on twitter
"Some are born Alan. Some achieve Alan. Some have Alan thrust upon them. Alan Douglas Borges de Carvalho is all three."

Gosh am i jealous to have not been in that game, seems like proper fun.

Alan to host the world cup 2030??

I´m from Brazil and i read OS post about Alan.

Some brazilians fans asked me about this story and i couldn´t find the reason on OS.

i want to write something on my blog, anyone can give a reason why man city´s fans were shouting his name. It was just for fun?

cheers

carlosborba said:
I´m from Brazil and i read OS post about Alan.

Some brazilians fans asked me about this story and i couldn´t find the reason on OS.

i want to write something on my blog, anyone can give a reason why man city´s fans were shouting his name. It was just for fun?

cheers
Sim.

The name Alan is a bit ordinary in England, and the announcement of his name as just Alan just seemed funny, then the chants started, and in the end his every touch on the ball was cheered (with boos when he passed it to another Salzburg player). It just made everybody laugh (and we won).

Obrigado

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.