Album of the day - Billie (Honey To The B)

BlueHammer85

hqdefault.jpg

Honey to the B is the first album by the pop singer Billie Piper, released in 1998 (see 1998 in music). Billie (she was known at the time only by her first name) was the first and youngest British female artist to have a first single enter the UK pop charts at number one.

A number of hit singles were released from the album, including "Girlfriend", "She Wants You", the anthemic "Because We Want To", and the title track "Honey to the Bee". "Honey to the Bee" was later covered by the Swedish girl group Play on their 2003 album Replay. The American version of the album differs in that it contains the radio mix of "Girlfriend". The single "Honey to the Bee" re-entered the official UK Singles Chart at number 17 on 21 January 2007, eight years after initial release, thanks to efforts by the BBC Radio 1 DJ Chris Moyles.

The album has sold 380,000 copies in the UK as of July 2013

1. Honey To The Bee
2. I Dream
3. She Wants You
4. Love Groove
5. Party On The Phone
6. Officially Yours
7. You've Got It
8. Saying I'm Sorry Now
9. Girlfriend (Radio Mix)
10. Whatcha Gonna Do
11. Don't Forget To Remember
12. Because We Want To

Review 207

Good pop fact - at the time she was the youngest ever artist to have a UK number 1 with 'Because We Want To', better known for her stage roles and being a actress, more so in Doctor Who, oh and being married to Chris Evans; it's easy to forget she was a brief pop star - some ok upbeat pop songs (Honey To The Bee and Because We Want To) and some awful pop stuff, aimed for the teeny boppers.

5.8/10

Fucking hell Mark, you need your thread privileges removed. I'd shag the girl but not if I had to listen to her squawk.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.