Album of the day - M People (Bizarre Fruit)

BlueHammer85

Bizarre Fruit is the third album by the British dance band M People. It was released on 14 November 1994 and charted and peaked at number 4, spending one year on the chart before an expanded version of the album, Bizarre Fruit II, was released a year later. This album sold over 900,000 copies in the UK and was certified 3x Platinum. In 1996 it was announced that Bizarre Fruit had reached 1.1 million copies sold worldwide.

The album's two most popular singles were "Sight for Sore Eyes", which reached No. 6 in the UK Singles Chart and "Search for the Hero", which peaked at No. 9 on the same chart. Other singles released from this album were "Open Your Heart" (#9), "Love Rendezvous" (#32) and "Itchycoo Park" (#11) from the re-released album. In the US, remixes for the song "Padlock" were supplied to club DJs and appeared as the B-side to the CD maxi single of "Search for the Hero". The track reached No. 13 on the Billboard Dance Charts.

1. Sight for sore eyes
2. Search for the hero
3. Open your heart
4. Love Rendezvous
5. Precious Pearl
6. Sugar town
7. Walk away
8. Drive time
9. Padlock
10. And finally...

Review 186

big selling album from M People, surprised 'Search for the Hero' was never a number 1 hit considering how it seemed to be played everywhere back in the 90's, 'Sight for sore eyes' is the other well known track on here - past the opening two songs the album is upbeat and jazzy, but mostly camp and weak in places despite Heather Small cracking vocals - harmless enough but pretty forgettable overall.

4.8/10

Can you not post this shit on a hammers forum or pick some decent albums to review, another shocker :(

Yeah, I'll be shuffling off my mortal coil by the time you get round to doing anyone current, like, I dunno...

'Childish Gambino'...?

I have bought in ‘Awaken, my love’ album. It could be picked Monday morning for next weeks review. I’d guess about a 1 in 2000 chance

I quite liked M People. They somehow became the housewives favourite, which is a little strange considering their origins.

One of Manchesters under rated bands. They made piano house into pop music.

I quite liked M People. They somehow became the housewives favourite, which is a little strange considering their origins.

One of Manchesters under rated bands. They made piano house into pop music.

They remind me of the Music you hear when you’re are in a women’s clothes shop!
But they did do some good dance pop music and heather smalls voice is cracking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.