Aled Up And Hungry

Uncle Wally One Ball

Last night (Sat) I came home after an afternoon on the ale and made a curry, very nice too. Tonight, similarly aled up, I found a beef and red wine pie that I had cooked on friday and forgot about. A welcome surprise. Accordingly, I have thrown some roast potatoes from today's dinner on it and a tin of peas, and nuked the twat. It will go ding soon. Anyone else get the sensation of being starved after a few pints, or is it just me?

Starving after a night on the ale is par for the course. I can still recall the roast dinners my mum used to have waiting for me after a Sunday lunchtime session. The best drink of the week followed by the best meal of the week.
An honorable mention must go to the humble kebab, which always tastes ten times better after a gallon of ale.

Starving after a night on the ale is par for the course. I can still recall the roast dinners my mum used to have waiting for me after a Sunday lunchtime session. The best drink of the week followed by the best meal of the week.
An honorable mention must go to the humble kebab, which always tastes ten times better after a gallon of ale.
Me too but there was no microwave, I'd put the plate on a pan of boiling water......ha! did that a lot

Me too but there was no microwave, I'd put the plate on a pan of boiling water......ha! did that a lot

I never had to microwave a Sunday dinner. Last orders at 2, kicked out at 2.30 and home before 3. A big fat roast dinner and back in bed before 4. Alarm set for 6, a quick shower and back in the pub at opening time, bang on 7 bells. God I miss 80's pub culture and Sunday drinking in particular.

I never had to microwave a Sunday dinner. Last orders at 2, kicked out at 2.30 and home before 3. A big fat roast dinner and back in bed before 4. Alarm set for 6, a quick shower and back in the pub at opening time, bang on 7 bells. God I miss 80's pub culture and Sunday drinking in particular.
Ha ha no way was only saying the same thing the other day. We also mentioned how we'd go for a few at dinner on Xmas day but I think pubs still do that today. But defo used to love Sunday drinking. We'd go out Saturday night, crash at my mates in walshaw who lived 5 doors down from the woolpack, get in there for 12 til 3 and then head over to Whitefield, shower and food and into the Albert at 7. Ah happy days.

Ha ha no way was only saying the same thing the other day. We also mentioned how we'd go for a few at dinner on Xmas day but I think pubs still do that today. But defo used to love Sunday drinking. We'd go out Saturday night, crash at my mates in walshaw who lived 5 doors down from the woolpack, get in there for 12 til 3 and then head over to Whitefield, shower and food and into the Albert at 7. Ah happy days.
Strangely enough, my local was called The Woolpack too. On Xmas day there would always be a free shot of whisky waiting for you when you walked in.
Most of my favourite memories from the 80s and 90s revolve around that pub.
I'm still in touch with the landlords daughter, who is now a midwife in Bristol.

Our local would normally lock us in utill 4.30/5 but would still rally for the 7 o clock openening. Sometimes 'our Vera ' ( landlady) would make a big tray of salty roast spuds and put them out to get us through

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.