Alex Higgins

Can't be hypercritical about this, but as a young boy learning to play snooker my hero was John Spencer. He was a fantastic player but also a gentleman of the game and reflected everything that snooker stood for.

I couldn't stand Higgins behaviour, especially towards the end when he was pissing in flower arrangements and assaulting match officials

No great loss for me, sorry

Alex was the reason i started to watch and play snooker back in the 70's, before alex the game was seen as boring and for old men only,but when alex arrived on the scene and the screen he was seen as dangerous and and gave the game a bit of sex appeal.Yes he was not perfect but who amongst us is ? and anyway were not his flaws a part of his greatness ? goodbye alex and thanks for the wonderful memories.

He put snooker on the map and made it what it is today. I remember watching pot black and he stood out a mile.

RIP Mr Higgins.

flyer said:
Can't be hypercritical about this, but as a young boy learning to play snooker my hero was John Spencer. He was a fantastic player but also a gentleman of the game and reflected everything that snooker stood for.

I couldn't stand Higgins behaviour, especially towards the end when he was pissing in flower arrangements and assaulting match officials

No great loss for me, sorry
Fair play to you that was a lovely tribute.

heard someone say on the radio last night.
"snooker never made Alex Higgins...Alex Higgins made snooker"
"he was the Muhamid Ali of snooker" how true.

imagine the piss up in heaven today...
Ollie Reid,Best and Hurricane,fuk me there'll be a few "sunk" there.

R.I.P. Hurricane.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.