Hell will freeze over and I'll buy a half and half scarf before I take advice on working productively from that useless entitled prick.

There is probably an intelligent conversation to be had around the changing nature of work and what it means for certain aspects of city centres etc and how we respond to this change. However I doubt that's the motivation for his moronic gibbering, much more likely they are just being leant on by their large commercial landlord mates specifically those in the office space sector.

Concur with this.
I love cities and the vibrancy of them (and London and indeed Manchester do this very well).

But absolutely, times have changed for many and the horses have now truly bolted.

A mate of mine parroted the 'time every one goes back into the office' line recently (I've still no idea when someone like him, son of a miner who absolutely abhorred the tories ended up voting for them...brexit was a big reason) when he himself has probably worked from home for the past 15 years in his industry.

Concur with this.
I love cities and the vibrancy of them (and London and indeed Manchester do this very well).

But absolutely, times have changed for many and the horses have now truly bolted.

A mate of mine parroted the 'time every one goes back into the office' line recently (I've still no idea when someone like him, son of a miner who absolutely abhorred the tories ended up voting for them...brexit was a big reason) when he himself has probably worked from home for the past 15 years in his industry.

It’s a faith based belief system. Plenty of these arseholes lack self-awareness and rarely apply critical thinking on political matters and complete hypocrites.

It’s a faith based belief system. Plenty of these arseholes lack self-awareness and rarely apply critical thinking on political matters and complete hypocrites.
He's a mate going right back to when we were kids and he's a bright, clever, compassionate guy but he's had a mare over this.
I remember at the time saying he and his brother were almost in tears over voting tories....but you know....the promised land of Brexit.

Could see it early on, using phrases like woke etc. Absolutely brainwashed by them (and it's army in the media).
Not unlike the anti-vaxx lot really. Is there any normal fuckers out there ffs!
You can see how peoples strings are pulled then played back to them as we are 'polarised as a country'.

He doesn't do politics now unsurprisingly so it's something we don't discuss. He helped me from home tough times over the past few years and he himself is now going through a divorce (and he's had some shit to deal with).

Johnson off to Belfast in the morning. Stirring it up already in the Belfast Telegraph.Just what they need...

Concur with this.

I think the bit that is most difficult to deal with in the current climate is the complete absence of meaningful leadership both in vision and execution.

Once upon a time we were hugely resourceful and inventive as a country at both meeting challenges and exploiting opportunities. Now we are at the point where Plan A for facing the challenge of the changing way we work is for a parasitic hedge fund manager to mince around Whitehall sticking passive aggressive post it notes on peoples desks.

I think the bit that is most difficult to deal with in the current climate is the complete absence of meaningful leadership both in vision and execution.

Once upon a time we were hugely resourceful and inventive as a country at both meeting challenges and exploiting opportunities. Now we are at the point where Plan A for facing the challenge of the changing way we work is for a parasitic hedge fund manager to mince around Whitehall sticking passive aggressive post it notes on peoples desks.
100% this....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.