It makes sense for Johnson to back Truss. She’s a complete car crash in front of the cameras who comes across by far the worst out of all of the contenders, and he probably thinks it will make people think fondly of his own time as PM which he hopes will set the stage for a comeback.

I agree that that's probably part of it, also that she has no brain and will do what she's told to do, and not change any policies.

Its quite funny right now in the HoC its opposition MP after opposition MP speaking on a motion raised by Johnson and his Govt - they have decided to hold a debate on why they have no confidence in themselves and have all now scuttled off not being prepared to speak in their own debate.

Another masterstroke by Tory HQ - they pulled the TV debates because they were terrified by what they were seeing - blue on blue attacks - and tonight the optics are worse - move a motion then don't enter into the debate does not look good at all as the opposition stand up in order and just list their and his failings - they shot themselves in the foot this morning and tonight they are going for a head shot

I missed it after 6 pm, when Blackford was speaking, and have no idea what happened. I did note earlier the empty benches.

It’s all kind of moot though, isn’t it?

They'll vote that they do have confidence in him and fuck off on their holidays.

Not really it will be all over the news feeds in the morning - they are gifting the opposition parties airtime to slag them off - the news cannot show what never actually happened - empty benches do not speak

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.