This assumes that Johnson would actually do something that he has never done in his entire life prepare himself and be all over the details. My prediction is he will rock up ruffle up his hair spout gibberish throw in a few bits of Greek mythology to make him sound intelligent. He is everything that he says he is and always, why do this pundits look up to him like he is some sort of political genius the fat that he a lazy, narcissistic over privileged oaf who never been held accountable for anything in his entire life.
The alternative view is pure fantasy and just Usherwood (who I generally have a lot of time for) embarrassingly exposing his man crush for the pound shop mini Trump.

I imagine he'll throw a load of advisors under a fleet of buses, but the spout gibberish and not actually answering the question will just annoy the committee.

It may not matter anyway - any sanction still needs voting for by the Commons, and that requires a lot of Conservative MPs to either have urgent business elsewhere or to vote to condemn him.

I suspect they will not recommend the 10 day suspension that offers a chance of a recall election.

A quick read through of the powers of the committee would suggest that if he is found to have misled the House, he can be suspended from the Commons for a number of weeks/sittings.

Therefore, it is good of him not to contribute in Parliament for many months, thereby taking his punishment in advance.

A quick read through of the powers of the committee would suggest that if he is found to have misled the House, he can be suspended from the Commons for a number of weeks/sittings.

Therefore, it is good of him not to contribute in Parliament for many months, thereby taking his punishment in advance.

he can be, but it still requires a vote in the Commons to endorse the Committee's recommendations. That vote should be officially unwhipped, although that won't make much difference.

Anyone know what time and TV channel this is being shown on?
Wednesday - the room's booked from 2-7 pm apparently.
BBC News will show some of it, but the Parliament website is probably the best place (if it doesn't fall over under the weight of viewers). Don't know where the Parliament TV channel can be found or if it would be showing it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.