Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
£50mil is a fair price for a player in the final year of his contract.

Its Arsenals fault that they are in this situation as the management are utterly incompetent when it comes to renewing contracts.

You appear to come across like you have won some form of moral high ground. You sell for the price teams are willing to pay or lose him for nothing. Well done!

Frankly, Id be embarrassed if my team repeatedly found themselves in this kind of situation. Dont understand the need to come and spout off on other clubs forum, especially when the window is open and literally anything can happen until it closes (see Neymar).

I disagree with this. Arsenal are determined to run their club as a successful business at all costs and this removes any ambition they might have had. Players know this and therefore the best players will vote with their feet... Money is not the biggest motivator for them, they have that already and that's why they don't extend contracts IMHO

It might be a fair price, but we still couldn't replace him for that, that's my point.

That's because most top players around Europe are not in the the final year of the contract - The Sanchez situation is of Arsenal's own making. You should look closer to home if you are looking to blame people

Our team in my opinion won't look to far from this.

......................Ederson
Walker.....Kompany......Otamendi.....Mendy
......................Dinho
.......Bernardo.......Silva.............KdB
............Jesus...............Kun

Bench

Stones, Sane, Sterling, Yaya, Gundongan, Danilo, Bravo

The idea that we can buy Sanchez and Mbappe is frankly absurd. Jesus and Kun to join the already ridiculous bench. No way.

Even one of them means that Kun wold probably have to be benched.
Rotation.

You're likely failure to get Sanchez is kinda your own fault and that of clubs like PSG.

With the inflated transfer prices you and the others are paying the transfer markets been pushed to a crazy place where it's no longer viable to sell players like Sanchez for £50m as they are impossible to replace for that money. The same has happened with Keita at Leipzig.

No way would Wenger have not sold him to you if he thought he could replace him for the same kind of money. Alas, at the other end of the scale, it's sad for us, because the insane prices now mean Alexis could be the last truly world class player we see at the Emirates for a long time.
Fault doesn't come into it. Actually, as cash is the resource we have over and above anything else, it's in our best interests for the market to be super inflated. It reduces competition for even the very best players to about half a dozen clubs who can afford it and we're one of them.

Don't kid yourself that it's not viable to sell Sanchez for £50m with a year left on his contract. The price may have gone up slightly after Neymar but you won't get much more than £60m and as I said above, it won't be an auction, we're probably the only ones who will pay it. I'm yet to be convinced that your club will give that money up, even if it doesn't cover the value of a replacement.

Bench

The idea that we can buy Sanchez and Mbappe is frankly absurd. Jesus and Kun to join the already ridiculous bench. No way.

Hahaha what a bench.

Bench

Its still only two players who are genuine goal scorers. IF Sterling and Sane significantly up their goal output then we should be fine, if they don't we're praying that Aguero and Jesus stay fit and are not worked to death.

Bench

It is a strong squad for sure, but our only 2 outright goalscorers are in your starting 11, and we have no direct backup for these positions, so for me it illustrates why we are after Sanchez and/or Mbappe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.