Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from his goal on saturday he was turgid and at the moment he frustrates the hell out of me , but he is 23 with a good decade plus in him so its a NO from me
He's 22 ;-). And just the fact that he wasnt subbed despite being poor and then won us the game shows how much Pep rates him. I cant see Sterling leaving but I'm pretty certain Alexis will come here anyway.

Agreed.

Dream scenario; Pep get's it right and stays at City for a decade, establishing us a real force in world football.

And I would be happy to put up with a few slightly disappointing seasons to make that happen.

Had there been any truth in the Sterling bollocks stories, it would imo indicate Pep was doing the 3 years & off.

If he's building for the future, he will keep the best youngsters, at least until he has replacements of a similar age, should they fail to deliver.

Sterling looks very much as if he is starting to deliver imo. Very optimistic about him for this season.

Don't see any legs to this, although I have seen today Aguero mentioned again! However, if Sterling did go do you think the negativity in the media around him would be lifted???
Not if he goes to Arsenal! They're a bigger media punch bag than everyone else put together. The press is infested with bitter Spurs fans.

I don't buy this bollox about Sterling could possibly want the move to Arsenal. He left Liverpool to win trophies and play in the Champions league. Sure he's from Wembley, London (though actually Jamaican) but is he an Arsenal fan?

Why would he join a club that's clearly in free fall with no Champions league, a manager who does not have the support of the fans and who's players refuse to sign new contracts because the writing is on the wall??

Part of me wants this done and dusted ASAP however the last few transfer deadline days have been pretty turgid from a City point of view. Would be nice to drop a deal of this magnitude on deadline day and take all the headlines again.

Sterling, bought for £49 Mil in 2015 is worth minimum of £70Mil in today's market. Sanchez, with 11months left on his deal a maximum £50Mil.

Cant see Arsenal stumping up the £20 from a player swap

If I were city I'd be inclined to offer the £50 Mil upfront or if not acceptable, get a pre contract signed with Sanchez for next season

How has anyone been taken in by this story, its just ridiculous.

With the transfers already made this summer, Sterling must be worth at least £100m with 3 years on his contract, being 22, and being English homegrown.

How could that possibly add up to us giving him to Arsenal + cash for Sanchez ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.