Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Ozil stays they don't need a replacement.

Lacazette
Welbeck
Giroud
Walcott
Iwobi
Ozil

6 players for 3 positions. It's only if Ozil leaves they'll need to bring in someone. Something no one is this thread seems to realize. It's just propaganda from the Arsenal side to drag on the deal so they can say they had no time to get a replacement to appease the fans.

Good point. Going by Sunday's game, their needs lie more in midfield and defence rather than up top. That's not saying anything against Sanchez, as he's clearly on another level to the names above.

I'd be surprised if we'd jumped from £50m to £70m in the space of 2 bids, although I wouldn't be surprised if that's what's reported by the media. Can't see us going over £60m.

Unbelievable isn't it. They'll be outspent by Huddersfield and West Brom. Their fans have spent too long blaming Wenger rather than looking at the bigger picture
The fans were sold a narrative that the club was building for the future and that they would have to endure a few years of stagnation while they paid for the stadium and set the club on the right path to a future of financial and footballing dominance. The fans bought it, backed the club, paid the high ticket prices and waited. Well, they're still waiting, and they're going to be waiting a long time. The owners have used the fans' trust in Wenger to lead them up the garden path. They had no intention of spending big on the team, they just wanted to rake in as much money as they could at the expense of the fans. The team is going to take fuck loads of money and many years to rebuild, that's if they even want to do it. One things for certain, things are going to get a whole lot worse at Arsenal before they get better.
Can't wait, the fun is only just starting.

Ornstein saying Arsenal are skint and can't afford to replace Ox and no one will come in unless Sanchez is sold. Can you imagine paying £1000+ for a season ticket and being told that a net spend of £15m was all you could afford.

Considering the press briefed yesterday that the players want Sanchez to go, it's clear the Arsenal squad is nowhere near where they need to be and they're being told they can only strengthen if they sell Sanchez, I suspect Txiki is sat with a cigar waiting for Arsenal to ring

I think it is more to do with their ridiculous wages? Could be wrong but I think they were paying similar to us ( whikst having an inferior team ) and have only just begun to get rid of enough players to balance the books on the wage front.

Sky make it sound as if we've stopped bidding & transfer won't happen. Is this mind games??

Maybe Welbeck is the back up if we can't get Sanchez a bit like Jonny 'Blue 'Evans for VVD, experienced, home grown and a proven premiership winner which Sanchez is not.

I'd be surprised if we'd jumped from £50m to £70m in the space of 2 bids, although I wouldn't be surprised if that's what's reported by the media. Can't see us going over £60m.

The amount we can do will be dependant on money coming in from sales and that's not going well so far this morning.

City don't need to 'bid' again. I'm of the understanding a fee was verbally agreed late last night. Hence the silence from both sides this morning except Arsenal journo's saying that they want a replacement. Appeasing their supporters by giving the impression that they're somehow playing hardball.
Any idea on the fee agreed Billy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.