Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a message about an hour ago from someone suggesting that things weren't going smoothly. Hoped it was wrong but maybe not after all. Hopefully there's still time to get things sorted.

Their last bluff. Aiming to more money. To which the club must firmly resist, not a single pound more. Trust me, there's not a single fucker in that board who would deny City's offer is decent. It's more than decent and they know it, for a 28yo player at the last year of his contract. A player who will not renew his current contract with Arsenal...

They insist on playing it hard? We walk away. We explain the situation to Alexis (I expect we would have already made it clear to him how far City would go in a deal), we honour our gentlemen's agreement, we sign him on a free next season...

Arsenal will have to live with the situation they created. An unhappy player, unrest in their dressing room, a negative atmosphere all over the squad, and so on. Sanchez has been a model professional so far, but from now on I wouldn't risk much on the pitch if I was him. Soon he will leave for free with zero profit for Gatzidis and Co...

I'll say it again, City need not to panic in this, just remain calm and let them suffer. A fucking joke of a club...

PS. The only weakness in City's strategy is the lack of a plan B. Seems (?) we are going for Alexis and Alexis only -and they know it. If this is the case, personally I strongly disagree for a lot of obvious reasons, in our current situation it simply weakens City's position in the negotiation process. But I insist, their situation is far far worse -and they know it. We just remain calm and positive, we do not play their game, we do not offer more.

Still supremely confident. Sanchez has been up for this for months as have we. Not a chance we are gonna let the chance pass for a few extra million. Arsenal just trying to squeeze what they can. Why wouldn't they. No way they want him half arsed then walking in 12 months.

If I were Pep I'd be fuming at Txiki.

Pissed about with Alves and we got shown up, now pissed about leaving it last minute for Alexis. . . Fuck's sake.

Yes, we could have bid earlier, and afforded Arsenal the time and opportunity to ramp the price, conduct a bidding war, and call in favours from tame journalists to lambast us for our unwanted attentions and general ruining of football.
Personally I think we've played it just right on this. Not our fault that we're dealing with deluded fuckwits

Sanchez is a title winning player. Remember when United got RVP, and he won them the league? It will be absolutely baffling not to pay what's required!!! Absolutely fuming if this doesn't go through

I see where you are coming from but also think things will go from bad to worse during their actual season if they keep Sanchez (for the reasons I previously outlined).

That will make their situation even more publically recognised, escalated to calamity next summer (when they will likely lose their best player for nothing, sack their legacy manager, and have to start from scratch).

Cheers friend. I'm playing both sides here but my take was always that the 50m was a fake number and that it would be 70-75.

We can't lose here either way from an entertainment aspect. If it doesn't go through then we get to laugh our asses off for the reasons you mentioned and if it does we get Alexis ffs. Is this all a media charade? Probably so. I think it's just an odd spot all around. This 'story' that's being written is a nice narrative. Perhaps my 70-75 estimation all along was right. If city say fuck off i think Arsenal is fine with that option too. As sad as that it is for them, it is a win.

Will Txiki call that bluff and stick to 50-60? I doubt it. I'll respect it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.