Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bullshit.

Why did arsenal fuck around instead of sourcing a proper replacement? I'll tell you why, because they cut their nose off to spite the face. This entire thing was a power move but everyone has lost.

City made their interest known months ago, what would a bid actually have done? Why would city bid if arsenal were posturing at the time? A bid would change absolutely nothing because at the time I can guarantee arsenal would have rejected it because that's the mode they were in.

Instead of taking it seriously, finding a replacement that actually wants to join a sinking ship Arsenal fucked around saying "we'll never sell. Please take us seriously" and refusing to face up to reality. That's why we, and anyone with an ounce of sense, think the same.

Wenger and the board must be very proud of themselves for doing this to one of your only players who give a shit.

As I said as soon as you threw money in our direction we folded and we were expecting as much, not to question why City didn't do this earlier seems a little naive.

Arsenal wouldn't have wanted to sell and as the buying club it was City who had to make an offer that was to good to refuse. Which admittedly you did, just on the last day.

Why not throw money at money at Arsenal when we first went in for Lemar or were chasing Mbappe? You can't blame them for not rushing to sign some random player on deadline day.

Bullshit.

Why did arsenal fuck around instead of sourcing a proper replacement? I'll tell you why, because they cut their nose off to spite the face. This entire thing was a power move but everyone has lost.

City made their interest known months ago, what would a bid actually have done? Why would city bid if arsenal were posturing at the time? A bid would change absolutely nothing because at the time I can guarantee arsenal would have rejected it because that's the mode they were in.

Instead of taking it seriously, finding a replacement that actually wants to join a sinking ship Arsenal fucked around saying "we'll never sell. Please take us seriously" and refusing to face up to reality. That's why we, and anyone with an ounce of sense, think the same.

Wenger and the board must be very proud of themselves for doing this to one of your only players who give a shit.

I understand what you're saying and yes, Arsenal are a shower but I think serious questions have to be asked about our strategy. An earlier public bid would have put Arsenal under some pressure and it would also have sent a clear message to Sanchez which may have affected his behaviour towards Arsenal. Once a deal was done to sell AOC, Arsenal needed to get a replacement for Sanchez, to save face with their own fans if nothing else. City's strategy of bidding very late underestimated the level of Arsenal's incompetence.

A January deal is very much a possibility but on our terms assuming Sanchez just goes through the motions on the pitch for Arse and relations between him and us have not been damaged by this debacle.

We should be all over Icardi or Belotti next summer. Icardi scored more goals than Sanchez last year playing for Inter

He might report back from international duty " suffering from stress " - that would be a fitting surprise for Wenger.

Sure we can cope but there's a lot of points to drop between now and then if he really is as vital a piece of the jigsaw as Pep seemed to think.

I'd rather we kept Nacho or looked for lower league players ready to step up to the plate because with the two forwards we have plus the cast of thousands attacking midfielders and wingers we bloody well should be able to cope if one of them is out.
Yeah, Pep said we need a little bit extra but is he really vital? If we can't get through til January, our problems run deeper than Sanchez. I'm not sure looking for lower league players is the answer and Nacho would have only been a bit part player. We're at the stage where we push for players that we really want and back up players don't necessarily come into it. It was Sanchez or nothing. The fact that it ended up being nothing doesn't mean it's doom and gloom, just not quite as good as it could have been.

I think you may be right about Arsenal. However, I cannot see Sanchez putting in full effort. Last thing he wants is to pick a serious injury the last year of his contract.
Hope you're right.

He's been seriously fracked about by them.

But we should have not let it get to the last hours of the last day in the first place.

Should always walk away once it reaches the obvious piss taking stage so there is time for alternative signings.

I think you may be right about Arsenal. However, I cannot see Sanchez putting in full effort. Last thing he wants is to pick a serious injury the last year of his contract.

If he's the sort of player that doesn't put in any effort when he doesn't get his own way then i'm glad we didn't buy him, he's under contract and should give 100% every game for Arsenal.
As it is, i don't think he's that sort of player

True. If we could pick Sanchez up for free in January then I'd be all for it.

I beleve Arsenal never had any intention of selling to us. We were just strung along until it was too late for us to strengthen the squad in that position.

I doubt Sanchez will do anything other than his best for them this season, even if it's through gritted teeth.

If we go back for him in Jan it should be with a take it or leave it, answer within 3 days offer of £30 mill on Jan 1st. After that it's deal off and go balls out for a younger alternative.

I'd agree with this, I'd even go as far as to tell them publicly now what the terms are. They then have 4 months to sort their forward line out.
Tell them they'll receive a bid Jan 1st 00:00 for £25m, it's a take it or leave it deal that expires 23:59 the same day. No fucking around, no back n forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.