Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering about Sanchez & the fact that it appears we will go in for him again, in spite of age, & just considering whether it's purely a Van Persie, shit or bust, two season job, or whether Pep might see a different role for him in the future, as his attacking sharpness diminishes. Maybe him becoming more of a midfielder than a striker.

I know he isn't the most consistent in possession, but there is no reason he can't be imo, he tends to give the ball away, trying to assist goals, rather than due to a lack of ability to keep it.

He doesn't mind getting stuck in, works hard & has a good football brain. I wonder if he could become an alternative playing deeper, as he gets older.
Not sure what would be wrong with a 2 season job as you call it. I see in the Pep Guardiola thread that 2 seasons is way longer than anybody are prepared to accept without silverware. So 2 seasons is a life time compared to the patience of a part of our fan base.

Not sure what would be wrong with a 2 season job as you call it. I see in the Pep Guardiola thread that 2 seasons is way longer than anybody are prepared to accept without silverware. So 2 seasons is a life time compared to the patience of a part of our fan base.

Imo what's 'wrong' if it's only a two season job, would be that nobody at City can scout a player who is almost as good & 7 years younger. 'Almost' should be close enough for a younger player, baring in mind the talent we have already.

You can guarantee someone will, or has already, signed that player & when Sanchez is starting to lose it & woth nothing, that player will still be getting better.

If however, Sanchez could adapt to a new role in the future, we could do both.

Imo what's 'wrong' if it's only a two season job, would be that nobody at City can scout a player who is almost as good & 7 years younger. 'Almost' should be close enough for a younger player, baring in mind the talent we have already.

You can guarantee someone will, or has already, signed that player & when Sanchez is starting to lose it & woth nothing, that player will still be getting better.

If however, Sanchez could adapt to a new role in the future, we could do both.
In almost all cases you could argue that there will be a player somewhere in world who is younger and almost as good as anybody we would sign. So that makes the argument a universal complaint which is more or less always true, and thus worthless.
What I was getting at is the discrepancy between the almost hysterical demands for instant success in the form of silverware, and the opinion that a 28 year old Alexis Sanchez is too old for City to sign.
On this site there are enough people demanding Pep's head because we did not win anything in his first season, and the same people are already calling for his head if we do not collect silverware this season. There's your 2 seasons.

I was wondering about Sanchez & the fact that it appears we will go in for him again, in spite of age, & just considering whether it's purely a Van Persie, shit or bust, two season job, or whether Pep might see a different role for him in the future, as his attacking sharpness diminishes. Maybe him becoming more of a midfielder than a striker.

I know he isn't the most consistent in possession, but there is no reason he can't be imo, he tends to give the ball away, trying to assist goals, rather than due to a lack of ability to keep it.

He doesn't mind getting stuck in, works hard & has a good football brain. I wonder if he could become an alternative playing deeper, as he gets older.
People used to same the same about Wooney a while back and it never really worked out. I see the guy as a classic Van Persie job and still might be worth a punt in January but for considerably less than 60m!!

Everything about Sanchez depends on Sanchez wanting to come here. If on the other hand he's not to fussed, January presents us with a Dutch auction and Arsenal sell him to the highest bidder to make up for the £60M they failed to get this time. A lot will depend on how the league and champions league pans out.

Everything about Sanchez depends on Sanchez wanting to come here. If on the other hand he's not to fussed, January presents us with a Dutch auction and Arsenal sell him to the highest bidder to make up for the £60M they failed to get this time. A lot will depend on how the league and champions league pans out.

If he does want to come to us in January then I suggest Arsenal do the deal with us now. I think it's the only way they will get the best out of him, even though it would highlight what complete tits they were not to let him come to us in the first place.

If he does want to come to us in January then I suggest Arsenal do the deal with us now. I think it's the only way they will get the best out of him, even though it would highlight what complete tits they were not to let him come to us in the first place.
If they refused to sell him this summer for 60+ million, believing it will work out to keep him against his will, then why would they think otherwise in January, where the price clearly will be lower? Only chance is they have given up on getting Champions League, or they have realized that having Sanchez around against his will is not doing them any good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.