Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we sign him, great. He's a fantastic player who knows the league and Pep.

If we don't sign him, great. We have a fantastic squad and attacking players waiting for more chances to impress in Bernardo and Foden.

Never thought I'd be this ambivalent about signing a world class player!
This mirrors my view on the issue.

But also as the whiny always thinking about the money guy, I would rather we signed him Emre Can and Ghoulam on a free in the summer.

Sanchez
Ghoulam
Can
Maffeo

Imagine that haul costing us Zero.

But also as the whiny always thinking about the money guy, I would rather we signed him Emre Can and Ghoulam on a free in the summer.

Sanchez
Ghoulam
Can
Maffeo

And Messi.

Neither of us know, but I'm not in the business of presupposing either as many on this thread are. How many times have we seen players given time off because they've suffered a bereavement? By your metric that player should still be OK to perform because he's still physically fit.

How many times have Mancini and Guardiola mentioned how important mentality is in football? If a persons state of mind is not right, rarely will you see them perform to their best....... that is unless you can prove different?

Sanchez's mentality is probably not right because of the huge disappointment he suffered in the summer. Are you seriously trying to claim he has no right to allow this to effect him? Could you help feeling a surge of grief if you lost someone close (heavens forbid)? Just imagine if this did happen and those around you started accusing you of downing tools, losing you ability overnight, being a malingerer, or deliberately not trying, how would you feel?

Sanchez has enough deposited in the bank for me to be excused if he's not feeling his usual perky self. Perhaps he just needs a change of scenery eh?

You are comparing millionaire Sanchez not coming to City and having to wait 6-12 months with losing someone close to you? I think you have fully lost it pal. Of course he can be disappointed, he is still getting paid a fortune to perform which he isn't doing. Zabba lost his father, did you see a dip in his form? No he was as committed as ever. You get on the pitch and perform for 90 minutes like he has the last few years. Simple. If he cant then he doesn't have the right mentality for us. Aguero could bag a hatrick then be dropped the next week, when he is then called upon he doesn't play half arsed.

We are flying, despite the much rotation players seem to be happy and looks a great spirit within the squad. If we wasn't linked with Sanchez would anybody said we "needed" a striker? I highly doubt it.

Can’t wait until he signs. The strength in depth in our forwards wouldn’t be surpassed worldwide even after a couple of injuries.

Sanchez
Ghoulam
Can
Maffeo

That would perhaps be shrewd business. But i think the Club/Pep would rather blow 60m on a DM Pivot that was just slightly better than Emre Can. Even if Can would perhaps represent better value.

Not sure whether Pep want's 1 or 2 CM's this summer. But if it's 1. I think it's going to Weigl or Savic rather than Emre Can.

You are comparing millionaire Sanchez not coming to City and having to wait 6-12 months with losing someone close to you? I think you have fully lost it pal. Of course he can be disappointed, he is still getting paid a fortune to perform which he isn't doing. Zabba lost his father, did you see a dip in his form? No he was as committed as ever. You get on the pitch and perform for 90 minutes like he has the last few years. Simple. If he cant then he doesn't have the right mentality for us. Aguero could bag a hatrick then be dropped the next week, when he is then called upon he doesn't play half arsed.

We are flying, despite the much rotation players seem to be happy and looks a great spirit within the squad. If we wasn't linked with Sanchez would anybody said we "needed" a striker? I highly doubt it.
You can try & take what I said out of context all you like, as it seems that's all you have to underpin your view.

You know exactly the point I'm making, so please deal with that. For the avoidance of doubt; Are you claiming someone's emotional & mental state cannot or should not affect their performances?

Sanchez
Ghoulam
Can
Maffeo

Why care about the money at all? Just ask if he's the right guy. Do we need him? Will he improve the squad? Unless he's costing Neymar money I don't see why we should care.

You can try & take what I said out of context all you like, as it seems that's all you have to underpin your view.

You know exactly the point I'm making, so please deal with that. For the avoidance of doubt; Are you claiming someone's emotional & mental state cannot or should not affect their performances?

You need a lie down, you just repeat yourself. I said he can be disappointed, I said it could affect the performance but if that is the case then he as a weak mentality, something we don't need. It is also nowhere near the same as the death of someone close to you for Christ sake.

We don't need him no matter how many ifs and buts you throw in.

You need a lie down, you just repeat yourself. I said he can be disappointed, I said it could affect the performance but if that is the case then he as a weak mentality, something we don't need.

We don't need him no matter how many ifs and buts you throw in.
In your opinion. In ours, and the majority’s and Pep’s and the board’s, we do.

Maybe it’s you that needs the lie down. The rest of us are all calm and excited about his arrival.

In your opinion. In ours, and the majority’s anf Pep’s and the board’s, we do.

Maybe it’s you that needs the lie down. The rest of us are all calm and excited about his arrival.

As people have pointed here, Pep and the board have made many errors but then they can't do any wrong to suit an argument.

You have jumped into a debate at the end, it started as Dibble claimed "there are no negatives to this transfer" which is completely untrue. It has shifted slightly now with my own opinion that we don't need him. As I said if we wasn't linked with him who would be saying in the January window "we desperately need another body up top" the answer to that would be nobody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.