Alexis Sanchez

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by MegaBlue, 3 May 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dribble

Dribble

I've just posted in the Shaktar post match thread that it's painful watching Yaya fade before our very eyes, & it's like watching an ageing punch drunk boxer having one too many fights.

I think some posters are begining to show their true colours regarding Sanchez to City. Their 'against' position seems to be based on an entrenched opinion of our need for him which is bereft of logic.

How many would have preferred to see Yaya play tonight if Sanchez was an option? Like you say 'Yaya instead of Sanchez'? It says it all really...

2. blue_hawk

blue_hawk

Mate, Sanchez isnt a central midfielder, and i dont understand how you see him as that either. Yayas role is to be a backup defensive midfielder in the squad. Playing Sanchez in that postion is like playing Neymar in that position. He is also totally different to Silva and KDB. Pep wanted him to give us more goal threat, as Sanchez is a front 3 player. He would compete with Sane, Sterling, Aguero and Jesus if/when we sign him.

If we are looking for a replacement for Yaya, Diawara at Napoli or Weigl from Dortmund are the guys City should be looking at. But that belongs to another thread.

3. bugsyblue

bugsyblue

I wasn’t talking about Sanchez as a striker or forward! The debate was about Sanchez as a central midfielder!

4. bugsyblue

bugsyblue

In central midfield? I would play pretty much any of our central midfielders over Sanchez there, yes.

5. bugsyblue

bugsyblue

Are you mad?! Yaya played as a holding midfielder last night. You want to buy Sanchez and play him there! Mental mate.

I’m not against Sanchez at all. I’d like him at city. But if we sign him I’d like to play him in a position that makes sense! Ie one of the front three.

6. Jazzman

Jazzman

Yaya is finished mate. Yesterday proved it again. There is no way he will ever get up to speed again. He should be retired as soon as possible, preferably in January.

7. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

The debate was about who you would rather see as an alternative to Silva.Given an option of either Yaya or Sanchez then it's a no brainer for me.

8. bugsyblue

bugsyblue

Completely agree.

9. bugsyblue

bugsyblue

As an example You’d play this:

Kdb dinho sanchez
    Sterling Aguero sane

Over this:

Kdb dinho yaya
    Sterling Aguero sane

I’m far from a yaya fan and think he’s done but in our system just think it’s ludicrous to play Sanchez there.

10. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Yep,Sanchez and KDB with Fern protecting works fine for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.