Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless we get him at a bargain price it really won’t be worth getting him at all he is nearly 30.

Just out of interest regarding the “he could’ve joined Bayern or PSG who were offering more money so why would he go to the Rags for more money?” argument, did either of those 2 clubs actually offer Sanchez those reported eye-watering figures in the summer? The impression I got is that he priced himself out of a move and both clubs baulked at the figures. For sure, I can’t imagine Bayern offering him a ridiculous wage. PSG obviously are a different matter but I can’t remember seeing any cast iron reports that they offered him a contract way higher than what we were offering.

However, maybe United are the ones who have come along out of sheer desperation and said they’re prepared to offer him the stupid money that Sanchez and his agent were demanding from other clubs, this in turn has caught the both off guard as they didn’t think anyone would be daft enough to match those terms and are now thinking “Fucking hell, we weren’t expecting that! What do we do now?”

This isn’t a flapping post by the way. I’m just trying to think through how United gotten themselves in the frame when it looked certain he was coming to us all along.

Maybe Wenger hates us more than United/Mourinho. Apart from that, he is getting Mkhitaryan who is a fine player, while he is struggling to find a replacement. He announced that the bidding war is good for Arsenal and selling to United could be the better of two bad options for him.
What is the source of your assertion that he is getting Mikky?

Can anyone imagine Wenger agreeing to Mkhitaryan's £200k a week salary? I honestly cannot see it.

Plus Mkhitaryan does not look like a footballer anymore, whatever has PEG done to that poor guy. He just runs around with his head down while the match passes him by.

Just out of interest regarding the “he could’ve joined Bayern or PSG who were offering more money so why would he go to the Rags for more money?” argument, did either of those 2 clubs actually offer Sanchez those reported eye-watering figures in the summer? The impression I got is that he priced himself out of a move and both clubs baulked at the figures. For sure, I can’t imagine Bayern offering him a ridiculous wage. PSG obviously are a different matter but I can’t remember seeing any cast iron reports that they offered him a contract way higher than what we were offering.

However, maybe United are the ones who have come along out of sheer desperation and said they’re prepared to offer him the stupid money that Sanchez and his agent were demanding from other clubs, this in turn has caught the both off guard as they didn’t think anyone would be daft enough to match those terms and are now thinking “Fucking hell, we weren’t expecting that! What do we do now?”

This isn’t a flapping post by the way. I’m just trying to think through how United gotten themselves in the frame when it looked certain he was coming to us all along.

Again, if the bid from Utd is as good as is being reported, what hasn’t it been officially accepted?

Not a pop, but how are the rags "in the frame" exactly?

Can anyone imagine Wenger agreeing to Mkhitaryan's £200k a week salary? I honestly cannot see it.

Plus Mkhitaryan does not look like a footballer anymore, whatever has PEG done to that poor guy. He just runs around with his head down while the match passes him by.

Player swap deals just don’t happen at this level anymore lol.

Utd might get rid of him to fat Sam and the usual sycophant brigade but off loading a flop of a player to Arsenal whilst taking their best player?

Lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.