Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.

979.jpg

Greedy twat Milner playing in midfield today ;)

Thi
We agreed an acceptable fee, £60m, for both parties in the summer.

It didn't happen because it was agreed late and Arsenal were unable to attract a replacement.

We were hacked off with Arsenal and tried to punish them by offering them a fee significantly below his value, because we believed he would only come to us. We declared we would not increase the fee. This was our big mistake.

If we had not done this I don't believe United would have got involved. No club wants to be rejected when they bid for a player. They knew we had an agreement with AS.

Sanchez's team were frightened we were prepared to leave him at Arsenal until summer and they started looking for alternative buyers.
This.

Some perspective people. Sanchez is a great player but his best years are probably behind him. While he’d be a real asset he also has the potential to upset the squad. He’s clearly a divisive figure and has fallen out with most of the players at Arsenal. No one would be freaking out if he joined Dortmund or atleti. It’s only because it’s united.

I trust in our club and pep to be thinking about the bigger picture. United have just spent another chunk of money and Big wages on a 29 year old. Next season we need to make sure he doesn’t become their RVP. We just need to spend on the right players in the summer and on players that will benefit our long term goals not short term ones!

I take your point on Sane & Sterling but in terms of market valuation, I think Sanchez would have been value at £70m. What would have occurred in terms of performances is hypothetical but our results couldn't have been much better.

This is hardly the end of the world but it is another major transfer we have not pulled off. I know we can win them all and I am more than happy with a lot of our signings but I'm not sure our success rate on the big ones is as good as it could / should be - hard to measure though.

I keep saying, I recon the rags are happy for transfer spending to go out of control, as they are able to afford it.

I don't think we need to be so desperate.

So we sign Alexis pay what they want so he ends up on £400k a week.

Currently we are trying to sort out a contract with Kev. He’s our best player so will no doubt want parity so we more than double his wages and put him on £400k a week.

We are also looking at extending Sterling, Sane contracts. Sterling is flying this season so are we looking at £250k for him now or is that not enough? Sane has contributed highly too so £200k for Sane.

The knock-on effect would be ridiculous.
I think this is a point that shouldn't be overlooked. At the theatre of debt they don't give a shit at the disparity in wages but it could prove fatal to the team-spirit if we started this billy big-bollocks salary kind of stuff.

Why, what has been announced?
Didn't say anything had been, did I?

Just when first talk of United came about folk were quick to praise it as a tactic, just wondering what it's like now?

Although, if I said 2+2=4 you'd take the contrary stance and demand I show my working better.

The idea of us 'punishing' Arsenal, has come about on places like this.

If we were prepared to leave him at Arsenal, it's because Pep is no longer really that bothered about signing him.

Utd would have bid, in this window & Sanchez' agent would have spoken to them, you do not 'blank' Utd, much as it is made a joke of, on here.

If Sanchez wants to come to City, he can do. It is upto him.
Your wasting your breath mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.