Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crying over paying £35m for a £90m player is daft. Just pay it ffs!

Worse still is letting our main rivals have him.

If he goes to UTD we have made a major mistake.
We desperately need a player of that calibre and work rate.

The old Sanchez, considering inflation, may be worth £90m today, just.

But the Sanchez now at 29, talisman to a 6th place team which he should be dragging closer to the top, scored 7 and assisted 2 so far, is not really an improvement on our existing players.

After Sergio's performance today I have to say I have to slightly adjust my previous statement. I think we do need him perhaps

Once we started running at them they were under threat. Today Sterling was mentally caught in the headlamps and Aguero lost. KDB was great again but just lacked the support in the key areas that Sanchez could have brought today.

Aguero can cut it v many teams but sadly does not have it in certain types of game - of which we will have more of as the opposition gets better.

We just need that different kind of threat.

I ont disagree that Aguero was poor today however many others on the team were as well.....I actually disagree about KDB....he played well in moments and overall but he was not at his peak level today....this happens when Silva is not on the pitch......he is the biggest miss of all and the one player who when he goes we are going to struggle to replace......Sanchez isn't a player who grabs games by the scruff of the neck anymore than Aguero does...its the likes of KDB, Silva (yaya of old), gerrard for the scouser scholes and keane (Thugg) for utd.....Viera for arsenal (funnily enough the only out and out striker that did grab games and turn them on his own was Henry (premiership wise anyway)

I think City could afford to pay a lil extra for Sanchez. If the media is to be believed, what could make Sanchez turn his head is the incredible wages the Rags are willing to give him. In which case, I agree, Sanchez isn't worth it.
Yeah it seems they are going to have to pay higher fee and higher wages. Wouldn't make sense other wise with the reported numbers he was requesting from Bayern and PSG to snub City for them. With delph out for awhile, LB is a far bigger need than another attacker with Jesus back soon. We saw today we can't have Danilo play LB in anything other than domestic cups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.