Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure they were not screwed. 14 goals in 22 appearances sounds good. However, playing in a league where over half the teams would struggle to get above 12th place in the Championship. He is still young so we should wait a couple of years before deciding one way or another.

Mbappe is absolutely superb. He will be seen as an absolute bargain in a few seasons time.

Lesson for parents on how not to spoil kids -- if you promise them more toys, they keep crying.

Quote from Rag Cafe when seeing that Pep has been promised an alternative if we don't get Sanchez.

Hahahahaha.

And you cannot see a difference between those two, young, world beaters and a 29 year old squad player?

I can, but Sanchez will only cost about 30m in transfer fee, which is why the wages are more excessive. That is a bargain in today's market.

The only person that I would believe if they said we signed him is @MCRJON and he has not posted in like 8 months.

Apart from that I don't believe anything unless it is announced on the website.

Except he was always going to have a budget in the Summer and a striker to replace Aguero is inevitable in the next couple of windows alongside other necessities.

So hardly a promise Pep would have asked for or been surprised by. It was just paper talk trying to write an agenda.

All teams get transfer budgets each window. And we spend what we can pay for only.

It was just pointing out that we COULD blow that kind of money now if we wanted to do so but consider that we have the UNITED team not United and a sensible structure that rewards success. So what we do is based on strategy and harmony not desperation and panic.

Quite rightly too.

United cannot afford principles at present.

They are the team that need Sanchez to save their season.

In case you hadn't noticed our season is going okay.

Last edited:
I wonder genuinely who would be an alternative to Sanchez because I can';t think of many forwards good enough to play for us. Any that are will most likely be heavily in demand and very expensive or well set up at top level clubs.

Agents are the biggest slimeballs in football and the most annoying part is, they play a massive role in getting the best deal for their client and helping that player decide where they want to go.

Reminds me of a Broker going into the insurance market and brokering the best deal for their client. Both Brokers and agents get commission for the work they do, but if a club is filling the agents pocket with millions, you can bet your bottom dollar the agent has every persuasive trick in the book to convince that player to sign for the club who is handing the chequebook out, even if its not to the best interest of their client in football terms.

This is why there should be a lot more financial advisors around football clubs, to give expert advice on how young players should handle their money. The greed of football is what ruins a lot of young players careers and completely demotivates them on the field.

There is a really simple solution - a player's agent should be paid by the player, out of the players money, on a %age basis. Or, there should be a standardised formula (most likely a standardised %age). Pretty much any other system creates a conflict of interest. It's almost unheard of in any other walk of life for the agent of the 'talent' to be paid for by the hirer of the talent, pretty much whatever figure the agent plucks out of the air

The agent in this instance can name almost any figure they want. Let's say £10M. If United say yes and we say no, the agent will as you say do everything they can to force a move to United. Is the player even made aware ? There is insufficient regulation to be sure. THe system is geared to the benefit of agents, to the detriment of all the other parties. The system is inherently wrong and broken but the agents seem to hold too much power for the clubs to do anything about it.

The way it should work, in an example like this where a low transfer fee & high wages are paid because there isn't much left on the contract, is that there is a large signing on fee and the agent takes a percentage of that. If that was the case, which it would be in any other industry, the agent would be working on behalf of his client (the player) to get him the best deal possible which in turn would him the most as agent.

It's not rocket science. But there are no real signs of any major shifts in stance looking likely

What you would like to see, if this is one of the main stumbling blocks with Sanchez, is he turns round to his agent and say you will get whatever you get from the club I decide I'm going to. But does he even legally, have that power ? Or can the agent stand there and say if city dont pay me, the agent, what United will, I won't sanction the move ?

I wonder genuinely who would be an alternative to Sanchez because I can';t think of many forwards good enough to play for us. Any that are will most likely be heavily in demand and very expensive or well set up at top level clubs.
Griezmann is the first name that comes up. Has a release clause of a 100 in the summer as well.

England can't have more than 5 places in CL so if us and Arse won respective European comps then whoever finishes 4th misses out, which is why I'd like them to get 4th and think they've done enough only to see it snatched from them later :)
Thanks for clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.