Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why?

They get a player they want in exchange for a player they don't want.

Everyone felt the rags were paying 35mil fee plus wages....If rags can move a player they dont want(plus his wages) for a world class player like Sanchez and no fee...yes, great business for the rags!

Arsenal would be bonkers to accept that if it's true. Mkhitaryan only cost United about £27 million and is currently damaged goods. His true value at this time wouldn't be much more than £15 million.

I agree mate...not sure what Arsenal are thinking...

Not a good thing in business to place trust in someone proven to be untrustworthy either.

I'm not sure it's a one chance only policy at the club. Alexis has had a chance before and we were still interested. But I'd imagine very few clubs would allow themselves to be pissed about by a player twice. Just depends how they conduct themselves really.
I think you have the wrong idea of what constitutes a "chance". A "chance' in this case isn't when we chase a player and he refuses to come, that is his prerogative. A "chance" is when he agrees to a deal and then goes back on it. I don't think Sanchez agreed to come first time round.

Everyone felt the rags were paying 35mil fee plus wages....If rags can move a player they dont want(plus his wages) for a world class player like Sanchez and no fee...yes, great business for the rags!

Especially after Arsenal wanted Martial. And get Micky Mouse instead as a straight swap. Wegner might need a bodyguard.

Mkhitaryan would be valued around 30 million in this market considering the inflation of transfer costs. Arsenal always wanted 35 million straight cash. Hardly surprising. It was never going to be 25+Mkhi.

I don't think City are unduly worried about missing out on Sanchez tbh. It felt like much of the momentum/appetite for the move was lost when Arsenal messed us around at the end of August.

We were evidently willing to stick to the original offer to the player - I don't think we would've left him high and dry, because of the message it would send out to future targets - but our complete refusal to improve terms suggests to me that we weren't that bothered if we lost out. I don't think it was complacency or arrogance that we thought he would only choose us/Guardiola, or even a moral stance against agent fees. I just think we might've moved on from a target who turns 30 this year.

Thought the same, I suppose where we are now would not have been expected with or without him so the greed of the agent/Sanchez combo allows us to make the take it or leave it statement.
Who knows maybe our original offer to the player may have been a max anyway for the finance approval bearing in mind other player contract extensions agreed and other potential finance plans that the future may hold in other directions so restating the original does no harm to City whatever the outcome.

He lied about a deceased relative to try and force a move away to PSG. Before you try and retaliate and say we don’t know the situation use Mancini, Zabaleta and Silva as a reference point for the clubs treatment of players/management with family situations and don’t embarrass yourself.
I think the last sentence you've done yourself.

It's not you, it's all these people bleating about this fucking deal as some kind of disaster & also offering advice on how City should have done this or that, when they know FUCK ALL about any of it.

If anything it is Txiki and to an extent Pep who know f**k all about how embassing this whole saga looks on our clubs (just when we are finally winning the respect of pundits and other fans) as well as how much strength in depth we need to win the f**king Premier League, let alone the f**king Cups and and the f**king Champions League.

I mean for f**k sake this is not f**king La Liga where the big teams take it easy when it comes to beating anybody that is not Madrid (both clubs) or Barcelona and thus save their energy for the Champions League. This is the f**king Premier League where every team is going to give you a hard time and is out to get you. There is a good reason why we are the few sides to have done this well in the league to date, which also the same reason why we have been strugging to beat great and legendary teams such as Huddersfield, Southampton, West Ham, Crystal Palace, Leicester City, Wolves, West Brom and Bristol City (1) while it is also the same reason why we lost to Liverpool (2)

(1) With all due respect for those clubs, we should be convincingly beating all of them, after all we are no longer a mid table side any more.

(2) A team which has no defence, a lack of quality defenders and a thin (if excellent) attack. Reguardless we should not be losing to teams such as them.

Just a bunch of spoilt kids who didn't get the exact toy they wanted, telling muumy she's shit.

Nope, just a passionate city fan who is telling the cold hard truth about how f**king hard it is to reach the f**king top, especially when every other clubs wants to keep you down whatever the cost.

This fucking clown is a prime example:

If you are going to criticise what I have written here, it would be nice to here what exactly you think about each of the points I have made rather than use "In Txiki I trust" justification. I mean lets face it no one player, manager, executive or owner is above criticism and/or accountablity (especially when they f**k up in a siutation such as this one), now matter how good overall they are in the job (1).

Otherwise you end up with badly run clubs like ourselves in the past, Blackpool, Coventry, Leeds, Newcastle United, Arsenal and Manchester United.

(1) Reguardless of their bottling over this, they still have a very good record overall both here and at Barcelona. However even the best tend to make mistakes...

Telling Txiki & Pep how to compete in more than one competition, absolutely fucking incredible.

With all due respect to both men, when they have won mutiple quadruples while playing league that has more than 3 strong teams in, then I would less unhappy about this saga. The fact is that they still underestimate what it takes to win the quadruple in a league that is tough and hard to dominate likes ours. Otherwise they would have signed a hell of a lot more WC players (including Sanchez) than they have done of late and we would have not have got Nolito and Bravo in the process.

I'm not sure I'm at the right fucking club anymore.

I certainly know what club I am at, it is certainly not the Arsenal of the North nor the laughing stock of Manchester. That is why I am moaning so much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.