Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole thing is a joke. I've said all along that I reckon Moureen's jumped into this transfer as a way of trying to upset our season & get into Pep's head.

However, now he's made an offer of £500k per week in wages & pledged a ridiculous signing on fee & agent percentage, which led to City pulling out & Sanchez accepting it, & now the reality must be sinking in.

He's got a world class forward, paid through the nose to get him, & offered world record wages!! All of a sudden, the fact Pogba, Lukaku, Ibrahimovic & the rest are probably sat bolt upright like meerkats with their grubby paws poised over the speed dial to their agents, must now be giving the Old Toilet money men the willy's!!

This will also have a knock on effect with any future superstars they approach. The wages ManUre must now offer has to be north of half a million quid a week! Imagine if a Griezemann type came along & said 'Well if a 30 year old is worth £500k, how much has a 26 year old gotta be worth hey?

They're making their bed, & they'd better be prepared for a lot of uncomfortable, sleepless nights when they lie in it.... It couldn't happen to a nicer bunch!

As for City, it seems we won't allow ourselves to get angry, we'll just play the long game & get even!

Nah never play that way while we have Pep

They just seem to pluck star names from thin air without any idea as to what they are doing. Sanchez was a wide forward, perhaps the ultimate wide forward in the game. There's Suarez, Thierry Henry and Alexis Sanchez and he deserves to be considered in that company, but Mourinho goes and buys him when his legs have gone. I hope he plays him instead of martial. That is his position at Arsenal.

His legs haven't gone, it may make you and I feel better if we pretend they have but they haven't. There are downsides to his game such as selfish play which constantly see attacks break down because he gets tackled time and again which you don't see watching highlight reels. You would of seen that selfish play if he'd joined you and United fans will see unless Mourinho drills it out of him. Honestly that is the upside of him not joining City from your perspective. Your play is very fluid and unless Guardiola humstrung Alexis he'd ruin the fluidity of your football. I remember some Barce fans made the same analysis of Alexis though.

Oh and Alexis isn't nearly as good as Henry was.

Mourinho has cost utd a fortune, which ever way you look at it he's gone in there and fleeced them.
And then he has the nerve to say he needs to spend more and the daft bastards pander to it.
When he goes he'll leave behind him a proper mess.

His legs haven't gone, it may make you and I feel better if we pretend they have but they haven't. There are downsides to his game such as selfish play which constantly see attacks break down because he gets tackled time and again which you don't see watching highlight reels. You would of seen that selfish play if he'd joined you and United fans will see unless Mourinho drills it out of him. Honestly that is the upside of him not joining City from your perspective. Your play is very fluid and unless Guardiola humstrung Alexis he'd ruin the fluidity of your football. I remember some Barce fans made the same analysis of Alexis though.

Oh and Alexis isn't nearly as good as Henry was.
he is not now, but he deserves to go down as one of the best wide forwards. His legs have gone. It's obvious. I can count on one hand the number of times he has beaten a player out wide. He used to run past players like they weren't there. it was effortless. It was like Sane. Now he just runs into blind alleys and loses the ball. He used to be able to play as centre-forward or as an out and out winger. Now he drops deeper and deeper. Same for Chile.

If he is as good as you think he is, then it makes sense for them. They decided to go down the Galatico route some while ago with their signings of Pogba and Ibrahimovic. remember they are not paying a transfer fee for him. I think they are just buying reputation so this deal falls down because of that. Not because of cost. Utd make millions especially when they are title challengers. if he's good as you think, you don't have to worry for their accountants. The problem they have is that he isn't that good.
You continue deluding yourself that Sanchez is anything other than a top drawer player. He's more than proved himself in this league over the years, to be forgiven for not giving a shit this season after Arsenal stiffed him in the summer.

You've adopted a position on Sanchez from the beginning & have remained steadfast in that respect. The fact he's turned tail & is signing for the Rags, doesn't change the fact that he's in the top 3 forwards for goals scored, assists & chances created combined since he's been in the PL which places him above the likes Silva & Hazard.

I get you don't rate him, but I do, & he would have been a superb addition for the next 2-3 seasons for City on the money we'd originally negotiated. That has now changed!

Half a million quid a week is Messi & Ronaldo money, not Sanchez! Yes I & most City fans would love Sanchez here, but NOT at any price. Sanchez has made his move to further secure his financial future & who can blame him.

Personally, if I was already supremely rich, I'd take the view that how rich do I really need to be & would probably sign with the better chance of glory in mind at his age. However, if I was at his age & had already had the glory, then I suppose topping up my bank account, would probably be a mitigating factor. Who knows?

However, let's get this back to the crux of the matter. I rate Sanchez you don't. I don't want Sanchez for any amount of money he asks for & you wouldn't want Sanchez even for free. I think that about sums up our positions unless I've missed anything?

The whole thing is a joke. I've said all along that I reckon Moureen's jumped into this transfer as a way of trying to upset our season & get into Pep's head.

However, now he's made an offer of £500k per week in wages & pledged a ridiculous signing on fee & agent percentage, which led to City pulling out & Sanchez accepting it, & now the reality must be sinking in.

He's got a world class forward, paid through the nose to get him, & offered world record wages!! All of a sudden, the fact Pogba, Lukaku, Ibrahimovic & the rest are probably sat bolt upright like meerkats with their grubby paws poised over the speed dial to their agents, must now be giving the Old Toilet money men the willy's!!

This will also have a knock on effect with any future superstars they approach. The wages ManUre must now offer has to be north of half a million quid a week! Imagine if a Griezemann type came along & said 'Well if a 30 year old is worth £500k, how much has a 26 year old gotta be worth hey?

They're making their bed, & they'd better be prepared for a lot of uncomfortable, sleepless nights when they lie in it.... It couldn't happen to a nicer bunch!

As for City, it seems we won't allow ourselves to get angry, we'll just play the long game & get even!

Nah never play that way while we have Pep
Lol :-)

Press the quote button next time mate, for a minute there you had me thinking I'd changed my name a few minutes ago & forgot about it!! :-)

what all 12 games of it over two seasons including qualifiers? The issue for me is that, you know what some players don't get the chance to test themselves at higher levels and some just don't want to and Roberts falls into the second group

My point being you can't argue to have Zaha for experience when his only experience is playing in this league, quite average most of the time too. Roberts is 20, he has played regular football and probably thought this season his game time would be significantly reduced. He isn't late 20s and done one to a crap league, he is young and still learning. He has gone back to a team he plays most weeks, wins trophies and initially champions league football. If people don't think he will make it that's fine, I am unsure myself but to claim he doesn't want to test himself is embarrassing and guess work. Oh and another thing Zaha is shite.

You continue deluding yourself that Sanchez is anything other than a top drawer player. He's more than proved himself in this league over the years, to be forgiven for not giving a shit this season after Arsenal stiffed him in the summer.

You've adopted a position on Sanchez from the beginning & have remained steadfast in that respect. The fact he's turned tail & is signing for the Rags, doesn't change the fact that he's in the top 3 forwards for goals scored, assists & chances created combined since he's been in the PL which places him above the likes Silva & Hazard.

I get you don't rate him, but I do, & he would have been a superb addition for the next 2-3 seasons for City on the money we'd originally negotiated. That has now changed!

Half a million quid a week is Messi & Ronaldo money, not Sanchez! Yes I & most City fans would love Sanchez here, but NOT at any price. Sanchez has made his move to further secure his financial future & who can blame him.

Personally, if I was already supremely rich, I'd take the view that how rich do I really need to be & would probably sign with the better chance of glory in mind at his age. However, if I was at his age & had already had the glory, then I suppose topping up my bank account, would probably be a mitigating factor. Who knows?

However, let's get this back to the crux of the matter. I rate Sanchez you don't. I don't want Sanchez for any amount of money he asks for & you wouldn't want Sanchez even for free. I think that about sums up our positions unless I've missed anything?
You summed it up well. I'd have taken him on a free if Jesus was injured, or on our terms because I don't see him as a long term player at the level we are aiming at.

Will be interesting to see how he does at Utd. Suspect he'll do OK short term, but I'm certain he'll be 2nd rate by 31-32. And they have very little chance of moving him on. It's very very rare for a club who want to win titles to sign players at his stage of his career.

Yes. I was told they tracked his IP address to Old Trafford & reckon he was a rag PR team stooge who'd infiltrated the forum to sow discord among Blues. They'll stop at nothing.

I heard they tracked the IP address to the Partridge suite at the Lowry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.