Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's true about defenders but would he improve our chances of winning games.

We don't have too many players who can create and score and keep possession and bully defenders and they are like gold in the premier league.
Yes defense is priority but if this guy becomes available we should do everything we can to sign him. We have Navas, Sterling, Sane and Nolito. None of these cone close to Sanchez in terms of ability to individually influence a game. None of our key players have this ability to skip their way past players at will the way he or a Hazard or even a Coutinho would do. I'm surprised that any City fan can be against this transfer.

Yes defense is priority but if this guy becomes available we should do everything we can to sign him. We have Navas, Sterling, Sane and Nolito. None of these cone close to Sanchez in terms of ability to individually influence a game. None of our key players have this ability to skip their way past players at will the way he or a Hazard or even a Coutinho would do. I'm surprised that any City fan can be against this transfer.

Maybe not City fans, but Wenger obviously wouldn't be too keen on the idea .

Let's hope that his " money ethics " policy fuck Sanchez and Ozil off - would serve the sanctmonious prick right.

Manuel Pellegrini on Alexis Sánchez: "He was a major player we wanted to take to City."
Pellegrini on Alexis: "We could not take him before he joined Arsenal, because the club was punished for FFP. I had no space in the squad."

Blasted FFP

Manuel Pellegrini on Alexis Sánchez: "He was a major player we wanted to take to City."
Pellegrini on Alexis: "We could not take him before he joined Arsenal, because the club was punished for FFP. I had no space in the squad."

Blasted FFP
Of course... and Wenger who cried about City's finances year after year until we got sanctioned, benefited. Sanchez would have been immense signing straight away after winning the title.

Nasri, Kolarov, Dzeko had 1 year left in 2014 summer, we could have sold them for decent money (all had good seasons) and replaced them with younger, more hungrier players. Yaya started bitching that summer as well, could have sold him for big money, but with sanctions to do those things is very difficult.

It was the worst possible time to get sanctions imo. We would be in much better position squad wise now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.