Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
All fine & dandy until one of Jesus or Agüero gets injured & you guys struggle for goals, big time. Sané really still hasn't shown that goalscoring potential he showed at Schalke, & unless Pep starts playing him close to goal on the right, I doubt he will tbh.

With the amount of competitions you guys are in this year, you'll need the depth & the goalsscorers fit & healthy for each match. Neither Sterling, Bernardo, or possibly Sané are effective enough in front of goal. Certainly not 15 goal a season players, & when you see the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs & Man U, they have that covered in all three/four positions up top.

Sánchez may seem like a luxury signing, but really, it's needed. Maybe if Sané was producing the goods & Pep was playing him on the right, but even then I still think a world-class forward capable of taking the burden off of Jesus & Agüero is probably still needed. Just look at how many time finishing was a problem
For a start we can play Aguero or Jesus up front with Sterling and Sane wide, and Sane will get 10 league goals from out wide next season. He only clicked for us in 2017 and ended up with 9 goals from 37 games. I think he'll start the season as he ended the last - on fire and I'd back him to get over 10 league goals this season, and loads of assists.

Sanchez is not needed. Sure he'd do a job, but I'd prefer to replace Kun with an Mbappe or Dembele maybe in 12 months time

United are not re-signing their only striker who scored more than 15 goals last season so how do you believe they have that covered and we don't? Spurs have Kane and Son, that's less than City have with a record of over 15 a season. And Pool have?
They aren't & strikers aren't the only ones who can get double-digit or 12 goals a season. 15 goals is just the top echelon, anything that's 12+ plus is pretty damn good for wingers/attacking mids.

If they do in fact sign Perisic & Morata, they could easily have three to four players capable of getting at least 12 goals a season. Rashford, Micki, Morata & Perisic (Martial is capable as well, if he plays all season). Especially if they actually have a normal conversion rate next season

Umm, Liverpool have Mane who scored 13 last season despite injury & AFCON. Salah scored 15. Coutinho scored 13. Firmino scored 11.

Spurs have Alli who scored 18, Son scored 14 & Kane scored 29.

Chelsea have Hazard & Costa, with the help of Pedro who only had 9 goals, granted. They're also going to sign an attacker or two this window if the rumors of Conte's warchest are to be believed

Man City only have Agüero & Jesus. Bernardo's best is 9 goals, & I can't see him besting that if he's going to play in either KDB or Silva's role. Sterling's never had over 9 goals in a season. Sané could become that player if played on the right. His best is goals 8 goals for Schalke.

For a start we can play Aguero or Jesus up front with Sterling and Sane wide, and Sane will get 10 league goals from out wide next season. He only clicked for us in 2017 and ended up with 9 goals from 37 games. I think he'll start the season as he ended the last - on fire and I'd back him to get over 10 league goals this season, and loads of assists.

Sanchez is not needed. Sure he'd do a job, but I'd prefer to replace Kun with an Mbappe or Dembele maybe in 12 months time
One injury to an injury-prone Agüero, & you're left with only Jesus as a proven goalscorer for three matches every week. I wouldn't be too confident about that as that's just not enough if you havē the ambition that City have & are competing with the likes of Real, Atleti, Barca, Bayern, etc. Just look at their attacking talent & depth. All those ways they can punish you with proven goalscorers from every flank.

I imagine Pep wants Sánchez because he appreciates inverted wingers that have that goalscoring instinct & hunger in front of goal. Just look at the wingers he had at his disposal at Barca, Barca B & Bayern.

Sané has that potential for sure, especially if he plays on the right where he can cut in on his left to get that rocket off. But who knows if Pep will play him there.

Sterling scored 10 goals and made 21 assists last season in all competitions.
i'm talking just league play here

Last edited:
They aren't & strikers aren't the only ones who can get double-digit or 12 goals a season. 15 goals is just the top echelon, anything that's 12+ plus is pretty damn good for wingers/attacking mids.

If they do in fact sign Perisic & Morata, they could easily have three to four players capable of getting at least 12 goals a season. Rashford, Micki, Morata & Perisic (Martial is capable as well, if he plays all season). Especially if they actually have a normal conversion rate next season

Umm, Liverpool have Mane who scored 13 last season despite injury & AFCON. Salah scored 15. Coutinho scored 13. Firmino scored 11.

Chelsea have Hazard & Costa, with the help of Pedro who only had 9 goals, granted. They're also going to sign an attacker or two this window if the rumors of Conte's warchest are to be believed

Man City only have Agüero & Jesus. Bernardo's best is 9 goals, & I can't see him besting that if he's going to play in either KDB or Silva's role. Sterling's never had over 9 goals in a season. Sané could become that player if played on the right. His best is goals 8 goals for Schalke.
Sterling scored 10 goals and made 21 assists last season in all competitions.

10zv5te.jpg

I remember this started as a youtube video with the sounds of the muppets playing in the background but was taken down... so sad :(

Aguero will score 30+

Jesus will get 20+

Sterling and Sané will be very disappointed if they don't get 15, and KDB can expect a better year than this one, getting about 10-15 as well.

Aguero could have had 50 last season if he'd been as sharp as previous years, but he had a ton of other things to work on in other areas of his game so the shooting suffered a bit, I'd put money (I actually have) on him scoring many more this season.

The same is true of Sané and Sterling. We had no fullbacks in attack last year, so they had to provide all of our width. It's impossible to score from the touchline, so they often weren't in positions to help out in the box. Next season though, with Mendy/Bertrand and Walker/Alves on the overlap, they'll be able to head inside in the final third and collect more goals.

The goals argument is a very bad one, we need to score more, but outside of adding 1 more goal threat to even the burden, it's more a case of the players we have getting better or getting more goals out of them.

We need another forward, whether it's Sanchez or Dembele, not because the existing forwards aren't capable of scoring enough goals, but because they were run into the ground and performances suffered. Bringing in another will see them at their best more often even if they play fewer games, and everyone will get more goals.

Last edited:
If we do get Sanchez I may well have to sign up to their forum and participate somehow in that thread, they're gonna go mental.

One injury to an injury-prone Agüero, & you're left with only Jesus as a proven goalscorer for three matches every week. I wouldn't be too confident about that as that's just not enough if you havē the ambition that City have & are competing with the likes of Real, Atleti, Barca, Bayern, etc. Just look at their attacking talent & depth. All those ways they can punish you with proven goalscorers from every flank.

Sané has that potential for sure, especially if he plays on the right where he can cut in on his left to get that rocket off. But who knows if Pep will play him there.
Man City only have Aguero or Jesus. Do you know how good Jesus is?!

As for Rashford. You can not be serious!! Morata is a good footballer. Unfortunately he doesn't score many goals. See his record in Italy.

Yes Chelsea are a threat. Spurs too. But it's going to be City v Chelsea I believe. Utd will struggle to make top 4

Have I just read that utd have more goal scoring options than us? It's early and I'm still half asleep but fuckinel!

There's some strange folk knocking about bluemoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.