Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
So let's assume sanchez to PSG is done, what's next for us? Are we absolutely set on bringing in another attacking option or is it "Sanchez or nobody" for us?

I'd like to know this as well. Thing is, unless Pep intends to keep 1-2 of the young players who were loaned last season or one of the rejects (unlikely). We have a very thin squad.

We've had our fingers burnt too many times, lead up a path with no end result. It's probably 10 windows now without the big name(s) we crave, I know it ain't easy but it almost inevitable now that we lose out.

Been saying something similar for a couple of years now. City get used by agents to drive up prices. If Sanchez really wanted City specifically he'd have put in a transfer request. It was obvious that this was very unlikely to get done when he didn't do that.

Or maybe PSG shared their transfer targets with Alves, so not just the pull of money, but also the thought of lining up with Neymar and Sanchez. Combined with the lure of Paris, where his new wife works, and it's easy to understand why he was swayed.

You have to admire PSG. They don't mess around. They don't just play at being one of the financial superpowers, they go and prove it. Sanchez and Neymar in one window? Wow.

They haven't signed either of them though. Neymar will probably stay at Barca, and Sanchez could yet come to us.

I can't see Khaldoon wringing his hands and giving up because he thinks PSG are bigger or richer. I see a determination to make us the best club in the world, and buying who we need to achieve that.

Time to blow the frogs out the water

Why do you think we keep falling short of securing a marquee player. You seem to be backtracking on Sanchez, as sure as Federer I seem to recall?

Maybe we all are overselling the pull of Pep, looks like we're about to miss out on two players who have previously played under his guidance.

I think so to

is there an arrogance at play in the way we do things that needs to stop.

Players like Sanchez, Alves etc need more tan just the pull of a manager.....

@tolmie's hairdoo

You mentioned us and Real fighting over Mbappé if Sanchez signs for PSG, but what about Dembelé? What's going on there and would we go all out for him if we miss out on the other two? Do we know if the dinner with his representatives rumour is true?

there is only one winner in that fight as well

Been saying something similar for a couple of years now. City get used by agents to drive up prices. If Sanchez really wanted City specifically he'd have put in a transfer request. It was obvious that this was very unlikely to get done when he didn't do that.

He effectively drew his line when he intimated he would not be signing an extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.