Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
how does everybody feel about him joining next summer? right decision as he gets up in age or you think there's better options out there going forward?

It's a huge dilemma for me. I don't want him to take away Sterling's game time, also prefer Aguero to stay with us for atleast 2 more seasons. He may break that 260 goal mark. But, then there is also the possibility of him strengthening one of our rivals (domestic and abroad) if we don't go for him.

It's a huge dilemma for me. I don't want him to take away Sterling's game time, also prefer Aguero to stay with us for atleast 2 more seasons. He may break that 260 goal mark. But, then there is also the possibility of him strengthening one of our rivals (domestic and abroad) if we don't go for him.
Same for me - I worry that he would upset the apple cart if/when we have a poor run as he seems a very decisive character - It's all very well being a born winner but the team spirit and youth around our club this year is like a breath of fresh air. I would like to see more of the same kind of signings as Bernardo, Sane and Mendy to be honest - they will have four or five years with us and still be worth a fortune which means we constantly evolve and include the likes of Foden coming through the academy it keeps us fresh and youthful. The days of us buying 30 year olds has surely gone. That said, I trust Pep and he will know exactly what Sanchez is like in and around the team so if he wants him we get him I guess. Wouldn't pay 20m in Jan though.

I think Arsenal will try to keep him hoping he can make the difference getting them a CL spot. Unless Wenger thinks there is a better replacement option for them available in January or Sanchez is threatening to disturb their squad harmony.

There is also a risk his temperament may disrupt our tight squad but Pep knows him well and is best placed to make that call.

Injuries to our squad are likely if we are pushing for trophies on multiple fronts.

Personally I would try and get him.

It is a no brainer for me as it was in the summer. The only uncertainty is when. Get him in at Jan and he can help out big time so that none of the forwards are burned out. If it is the summer he won't be on world cup duty, cost us nothing and be raring to go come next August. He will be with us in 2018.

Signing Sanchez in january might make him the Rodney Marsh of 2018 for those who dont understand your not an old git like me so ask your old man Personally i think we will do very little business, due to availability but another striker would be handy, and Sanchez is a no brainer at £20 million if PEP would have gladly bought him for treble back in August

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.