Alfie Haaland blog (merged)

pace89 said:
noely said:
Right tin hat on here but fuck it in for a penny

First thing I absolutely hated him playing for us and even worse captaining us.He seemed to think that if he called the rags 'Munichs' that us fans would love him and think he was one of us. Many people fell for it sadly.
Also I thought he was garbage for us was like an early version of steve mcmanaman all he did was point and knock it side ways

Finally I'm pretty sure that even though it was a vicious attack and should have resulted in long long ban for keane. His assault didnt result in Alfies retirement as it was his other knee packing in that was the reason he was forced to retire

This is how I remember him tbh.

Haaland was pretty poor in the 2000 / 01 season spending a lot of the time out of position and giving the ball away. His time at City has been rehabilitated as a result of the Keane assault but for the most part he took quite a lot of stick at Maine Road.

Same here, never rated him. We just seemed to pick crap players as captains back in those days though (Kit Symons ffs)

Re: Alfie Haaland blog on the website - great guy!

IMARRIEDBLUEMOON said:
Seosa said:
It still pisses me off that nobody tried facing up to K*ane after that, hateful pikey ****. Nice to see the club keeping in touch with the past that must never be forgotten.

If you read Andy Morrisons book, he states that Keane would never have got
away with that if he would have been on the pitch at the time........

Yes unfortunately in the dark years we had a few too many gutless wonders in blue shirts.I still remember some City players laughing and joking with rag players when they were battering us 5-0 at the swamp and we were hurting like fuck!I have never forgotten that,no wonder we got relegated with attitudes like that.

blue rebel said:
iwastherein81 said:
i was a season ticket holder that year and i was horrified with that tackle.
that man has gone on to still be an awful person with little or no respect for other people at all
i house share with a red a good mate of twenty years or so and he agrees by the way !!
there are the odd reasonable reds around- tho few and far betweenit seems
and i agree we were pretty dire at the time
but haaland was defo a lite in the sky for us
never forget the past fellow blues
remember those great and not so great players and people that have made us what we are
kit symons
alan ball
andy morrison
niall quinn to name but a select few and my all time fave uwe the great !!
ctid

I was with you until I got to Alan Ball

i did say the great and not so great haha

Here you go lads,Alfie at West Ham - hope the link works
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2CM7HhDB04" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2CM7HhDB04</a>

sergiokun said:
Alfie Haaland skippered City during the 2000/01 season but was forced to retire aged 28 in 2003 after sustaining a knee injury in the 2001 Manchester derby.

He made just 38 appearances for the Blues and also played for Nottingham Forest and Leeds as well as earning 34 caps for Norway. Alfie kicks off a regular weekly column featuring ex-players and celebrities…

Alfie Haaland: Norwegian Blue

“I really enjoyed being a City player. It’s ten years since injury forced me to retire and I live back in Norway these days. We moved back in 2004 so I’ve been back home for a few years, now.

“My last full game for City was against Man United in 2001 and I stayed on for another two years after that but it was impossible to play after that with my injured knee, at least at that level.

“People keep me reminding me about the tackle by Roy Keane but I want to stay positive and remember all the good times I had in my career.

"I had many good years in England with three fantastic clubs in Nottingham Forest, Leeds and City and players get injured in football – it’s part and parcel of the game and you have to retire at some stage. I was only 28 when I hung my boots up and I could have maybe had a few more years at the top but it wasn’t to be.

“We used to play at Maine Road which was a great stadium and the fans were really passionate. It was a hard season but we had some really good times and I enjoyed playing in front of the City supporters. They were really good to me and the Club really looked after me.

“I’m really enjoying watching City and the success the Club are having is fantastic and the team are really good to watch. I can’t tell you how much I enjoyed the last game of last season against QPR, especially when Man United had to put the cork back into their champagne bottle. That made me smile and me and my son Erling, who is a City supporter, were dancing around in the lounge when Sergio Aguero scored the winner.

“City are doing well again this season and Man United will slip up along the way so I’m confident they will be feeling a touch of déjà vu by next May. United are a quality side but I can only see them and City going for the title and if we do it again, it will be even better this time.

“I can’t say I have much time for the Red half of the city - like most Blues - so it was a nice way to win the title. To see the joy on the fans’ faces that day was fantastic and they have never experienced such joy so I was really happy for them.

“I would love to come back over and see a game soon. I was offered a trip to see United v Liverpool on one of three chartered planes that were leaving from Stavanger where I live a few weeks back but I said ‘no way!’ No thanks. If it’s City, I’ll be there all day long.”

<a class="postlink" href="http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2013/January/MCFC-guest-blog-Alfie-Haaland" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2013/J ... ie-Haaland</a>

I hate Keane and if I ever see him in the street the rag scum is getting a piece of my mind

I am surprised he even calls what happened a "tackle" ... it was blatant assault, nothing less, no intention to win the ball, the scumbag just went right for the knee.

whicko said:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2CM7HhDB04" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2CM7HhDB04</a>

Brilliant video.

whicko said:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2CM7HhDB04" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2CM7HhDB04</a>
That is top class whicko

A story about Haaland I always remember.

We had been beaten away I think at Charlton. Got smashed by them.
City's coach stops at the services on the way home and there is a car load of blues there as well.
Haaland goes over to them to apologise for the performance and weighs in for the petrol.

Nice gesture

I always thought Haaland was one of our better players back when he played for us and i'm not just saying that because of how much i enjoyed reading his blog just then. Shame what that horrible **** Keane did and how he got away with it, reckon Alfie would of still had a good few years left in him at the top level. Hopefully Karma will strike that vile little **** down one day!

This STILL winds me up even now - had a blazing row with a paddy a few months ago in a boozer, claiming Keane for a sainthood.
Keane has NO redeeming feature whatsoever. An evil, malicious nutter (bit like his old manager bacon face).
Im still bemused how he is accepted back into the world of football when he should have served time for the assault he admitted on haaland.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.