Ali B....How good was he ?

levets said:
was about 50% of the player Silva is.... In his Prime

did you watch a lot of paris or monaco in the mid 90's? he played at the top level in the champions league for monaco. it was his pass to trezeguet that ripped united's defence open at old trafford and knocked the red cunts out.

ali benarbia was fucking class.

citykev28 said:
levets said:

did you watch a lot of paris or monaco in the mid 90's? he played at the top level in the champions league for monaco. it was his pass to trezeguet that ripped united's defence open at old trafford and knocked the red cunts out.

^^^^This !!!

forevermancity said:
johnmc said:
Dont get me wrong I loved watching him and Eyal as well - he was the best player in the Championship. However he didnt make the step up - too slow/old for the premier league.

Same story with a lot of players - Scott Sinclair for example this year.

comparing ali to scott sinclair.

wow.

just wow.

Comparing Sinclair to Ali ?? Go on what's the punchline ? Please,please tell me you're joking...please?

Tameside Tom said:
bluemoonste said:
do you remember the 'ali ali' chants bowing in turn ? He must have been some player in his day.

Sheff Wednesday away, 6-2. It was all you could here as he ran the show. What ever we go on to achieve, I'll never forget his performance that day.
That still remains the best away game i've ever been to with City. Our atmopshere in the away end (and home end, as there seemed to be about 7000 of us there that day) is the best i've experienced at a City game.

citykev28 said:
levets said:

That was a magical moment.

The guy was really top class; when he touch the ball you always feel something special about it the way he drives the ball, he was extremely skilful and so composed in his playing and both of his feet could provide top class things.

I loved Ali so much !! Shame we didn't get him earlier in his career...

the blue panther said:
He was a joy to watch but, as he didn't make the step up after promotion, he can't go on a list of all time greats BUT that doesn't stop him being a legend to some of us. That promotion season with him and Berkovitch was a wonderful season for us and the start of our resurgence. Such a shame that we got him at 33 years old.
I hoped he was going to attract some new Algerian talent our way after he left, but sadly, we're still waiting. Luckily, now, we don't need it.

I remember Belmadi or something, I thought he was gonna be ace hahaha

I remember the first interview he gave on Radio Manchester. He was talking about growing up in Algeria and how he had been a Liverpool fan. He said he had their shirt 'with the little chicken on'! PMSL

ali b was a great player,really enjoyed watching him,however what people need to think about is the future,like the football masters in 20 years time.

hart,kinky ,ali b,silva,kun,tevez,nasri,fucking cant wait :) not forgetting mauritio gardino(when he gets out ,that is)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.