Aliens in The Attic.

buzzer1

I thought Monsters Inc. was a quiet way of introducing us to the 4th dimension and how it works, but the kids film "Aliens in the Attic" takes the mick. Talk about conditioning kids and getting em used to the Orwellian nightmare that they face in a few years, as they will think its normal and to accept that the kind of shit in this film is actualy normal. Anyone who thinks im a wacko or a somert, well beware., you have been warned.

BimboBob said:
You are a wacko...

Mind you...for some reason i watch Cloverfield last night.2 hours of my life wasted.

and the ridicule starts, ill tell you now bimbobob in case you had forgot.

planet earth was flat, and when it was first thought the earth was sphere people laughed and mocked.
dont be too quick to mock people who have beliefs that may not follow the norm.....

Aliens in the Attic bwaaar! I always tell the kids not to worry about them.

I tell them it;s the ones in the wardrobe that are evil b@stards.

BimboBob said:
You are a wacko...

Mind you...for some reason i watch Cloverfield last night.2 hours of my life wasted.

Ah Cloverfield, what a film, the hype before it was released was totally justified, it was amazing, the special effects were top notch and the monster was damn awesome looking!

buzzer1 said:
I thought Monsters Inc. was a quiet way of introducing us to the 4th dimension and how it works, but the kids film "Aliens in the Attic" takes the mick. Talk about conditioning kids and getting em used to the Orwellian nightmare that they face in a few years,

what do you mean by that? what does orwellian mean?

tartanarmy2009 said:
buzzer1 said:
I thought Monsters Inc. was a quiet way of introducing us to the 4th dimension and how it works, but the kids film "Aliens in the Attic" takes the mick. Talk about conditioning kids and getting em used to the Orwellian nightmare that they face in a few years,

what do you mean by that? what does orwellian mean?

dont know anything about this film, but from what he says its about being observed covertly by others. the film however is probably using funny aliens as the observers - therefore the kids watching it will be willing to be watched in later life by the authorities and not be suspicious.

the orwellian reference is about the book 1984 by george orwell, imagine the show big brother, but cameras everywhere, all over the country. its happening now as we go about our lives.

this kind of propaganda happens a lot in american films(dont know enough about 'foriegn' films to comment), most storylines will have a double meaning, but 99% of the time saying the same thing. respect authority, do as you are told, dont step out of line. try and think of an american film where the 'hero' disrespects a government agent of a military officer, just dont happen.

myleftfoot said:

dont know anything about this film, but from what he says its about being observed covertly by others. the film however is probably using funny aliens as the observers - therefore the kids watching it will be willing to be watched in later life by the authorities and not be suspicious.

the orwellian reference is about the book 1984 by george orwell, imagine the show big brother, but cameras everywhere, all over the country. its happening now as we go about our lives.

this kind of propaganda happens a lot in american films(dont know enough about 'foriegn' films to comment), most storylines will have a double meaning, but 99% of the time saying the same thing. respect authority, do as you are told, dont step out of line. try and think of an american film where the 'hero' disrespects a government agent of a military officer, just dont happen.

Thanks my left foot, saved me a job. The sad thing is, when the kids of these policemen,traffic wardens,politicians etc ask their dads/mums/grandparents what was they doing to stop this Orwellian nightmare unfolding? they can look the kids(adults by the the time it happens) in the eye and say, "i actually helped the system along, i was just doing my job". Thats just what the nazi soldiers said, "i was just doing my job". NNNNIIICCCCCCEE EH?

buzzer1 said:
myleftfoot said:

Thanks my left foot, saved me a job. The sad thing is, when the kids of these policemen,traffic wardens,politicians etc ask their dads/mums/grandparents what was they doing to stop this Orwellian nightmare unfolding? they can look the kids(adults by the the time it happens) in the eye and say, "i actually helped the system along, i was just doing my job". Thats just what the nazi soldiers said, "i was just doing my job". NNNNIIICCCCCCEE EH?

i was going to say that we are sleepwalking into a future nightmare, but its worse, we are actually walking into it with our eyes wide open. do humans, at heart, want to be looked after like pigeons in a coup? i think many do and these shitty films are like you say, conditioning us for our future worldwide prison. feck, its getting a bit heavy for sunday morning this, my head hurts :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.