All of you who want Hughes instead of Bobby have a look

chinley blues said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
Its amazing to me that, many on this board came up with the "well this isn't his team yet" for Hughes and yet now seem to think its fair to judge a man that has won 8 of his first 13 games. If someone can say it's unfair to judge Hughes after 200m 18months and 3 transfer windows(2 with money), yet then can judge Mancini after 8 weeks 11m 1 transfer window(with a limited budget), what am I missing???
if you think we are progressing as a team, fair play but for me we seem to have gone backwards in terms of the football we see on the pitch, if results are all that matter, then ok but i could not watch that kind of football week in and week out

I think you are too impatient. Remember all the players were inherited from hughes. Mancini cant just simply discard them so he will need time to see how to fit them into his system. Some will and some will not. Sofar he has only 2 months to do it(plus all those injuries to players and the african cup). IMO, he is assessing and still doing a good job of getting points. He will know who to let go in the next transfer window and then he can bring in some players as well. Then I think we can really see what kind of football Mancini can offer.

The stats are clear. In terms of results (points) Mancini has done better than Hughes. The fact that we have been grinding out results while playing poorly should be reason to be optimistic.

Sun Jihai's ghost said:
The stats are clear. In terms of results (points) Mancini has done better than Hughes. The fact that we have been grinding out results while playing poorly should be reason to be optimistic.

Also when he came in how many players did we have injured? Plus Toure and Ade away... Has everyone forgotten what players Mancini has had to use in defense and how much more confident those lineups were defending than when Hughes was in charge with everyone fit.

AIQ88 said:
Sun Jihai's ghost said:

Also when he came in how many players did we have injured? Plus Toure and Ade away... Has everyone forgotten what players Mancini has had to use in defense and how much more confident those lineups were defending than when Hughes was in charge with everyone fit.

But there again, a team with SEVEN defenders should be more confident defending than a team that looked like it could score.

Loosing the semi sent half of bluemoon into Apoplexy. It's the same kind of Hysteria that turned a coke snorting yuppy into the queen of our hearts. People are just not seeing straight. All the good performances are forgotten. The run of clean sheets is erased from collective memories and bobby manc has become some kind of devil from the Apennines sent to destroy the club!

I'm not sure what it will take to restore some kind of sanity but I I see us finishing 4th and people calling for Mancini to go. It just doesn't make any sense.

Sun Jihai's ghost said:
Stats lie people lie or twist them to suit,we have beaten the rags once arsenal twice, chelski once & drew with liverpool let's hope we do something similar in the next few months.
Tevez got fit & started banging them in that's one stat that's a FACT & that above all else drove us on,he blew it in the carling cup & has failed every test put in front of him,not his fault he's blind to the league,players,tactics etc so he's struggling.
The football we are playing is horrible & anyone who thinks different is deluded.

bluemanc said:
Sun Jihai's ghost said:
Stats lie people lie or twist them to suit,we have beaten the rags once arsenal twice, chelski once & drew with liverpool let's hope we do something similar in the next few months.
Tevez got fit & started banging them in that's one stat that's a FACT & that above all else drove us on,he blew it in the carling cup & has failed every test put in front of him,not his fault he's blind to the league,players,tactics etc so he's struggling.
The football we are playing is horrible & anyone who thinks different is deluded.

Go and give your head a good wobble son because we are 4th a game in hand and the possiblity of going further clear. The football might not be the most exciting but it effective and it gets results.

I do wish people would stop comparing the two managers, it doesn't matter what Hughes did. Even if Hughes was the worst manager we've ever had, it doesn't automatically make Mancini a good manager.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.