All The Young Dudes

Fiftyyearsandcounting

We have one of the best football academies in the world and producing some brilliantly talented youngsters. Problem is of course that to do with them? We probably already have the best first team squad in the PL so it is always going to be difficult to square the circle of keeping the lads at City when they obviously they feel ready to play at the top level.

Owen, Rooney, Mbappe were all regulars in their teenage years and of course Pele was in the Brazil team at 16. Jadon’s gone, rumours about Phil and Diaz and whatever happened to young Patrick Roberts?

I can’t think of an obvious solution

We have one of the best football academies in the world and producing some brilliantly talented youngsters. Problem is of course that to do with them? We probably already have the best first team squad in the PL so it is always going to be difficult to square the circle of keeping the lads at City when they obviously they feel ready to play at the top level.

Owen, Rooney, Mbappe were all regulars in their teenage years and of course Pele was in the Brazil team at 16. Jadon’s gone, rumours about Phil and Diaz and whatever happened to young Patrick Roberts?

The solution is to sell 99% of them, keeping the 1% that can break into the squad (Foden). The ones we think have great potential, we insert a buy back clause. That’s the best we can do, both for the players and for ourselves.

its easy if your good enough your old enough and you play or be in and around the first team squad

but i hate this media bollocks about city and spending over youth ?? its like we are the only club that does not ask and demand a young 17 year old to play each week, its just a easy target but the truth is city are looking after there youth and in 10 years time phil foden will still be playing top level football and not burnt out like rooney and owen and others

Loan them out to Dortmund maybe? Some good points you make and thought provoking too.

It’s not an issue that needs a solution.

The majority will be sold.

Which is the whole point of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.