All things Stevie Ireland [Merged]

dctid

Lots and lots of reports about Ireland being a make weight in the Milner deal and with MON basically saying something will happen soon the writing is on the wall.

UNited have Giggs - Liverpool Gerrard - Chelski Terry and Arsenal Fabregas (for the time being at least) all players that symbolise their clubs and have been with their clubs man and boy - Ireland could have been that man for us - if he does go and i hope he stays i for one will be gutted.

Re: Ireland On HisWay

All the player you mentioned wear the shirt on their sleeves for their club

All 3 of those would of tracked Scholes for his derby day winner

Not consistent enough on the field and not got the mental strenght to succeed

I was working at Villa tonight, I was told by a member of staff that the Milner deal is done, approx fee of £17 mil + Ireland.

foley87 said:
All the player you mentioned wear the shirt on their sleeves for their club

All 3 of those would of tracked Scholes for his derby day winner

Not consistent enough on the field and not got the mental strenght to succeed

Fella maybe you are right but no body would have said that two years ago. How short memories we have when Dunney was getting slated only for him to have a blinder last season and score a goal against us a Villa Park

There are issues with Ireland but i believe these could be resolved.

Milner can play left back right back left wing right wing cm dm att m and Ireland can play mmmm oh yeah att m anywhere else im affraid he is useless. As much as I love Ireland and I do feel sorry for him but he needs to change clubs to get his form back. Something has happened to him which will probably come out when he moves. Good Luck Superman :) and welcome to Manchester James get fit and ready for Spurs. Boy our team is suddenly becoming much stronger I LOVE IT :)

Seconded, OP. From a playing staff point of view, we don't really have another player in the squad like him - he's a real metronome, controlling the play and picking the passes. Barry can't do it, neither can Toure, De Jong is a woefully limited footballer. Quite frankly, I don't see the point of Milner.

Watching City in the second half of last season and in pre-season was a massive chore. Dour, joyless football that's made me very disillusioned, whilst giving no assurances that it'll get any better.

Ireland injects intelligence into our play - other than perhaps Michael Johnson, there's no-one in the squad with a comparable football brain. Worrying.

Owain said:
Seconded, OP. From a playing staff point of view, we don't really have another player in the squad like him - he's a real metronome, controlling the play and picking the passes. Barry can't do it, neither can Toure, De Jong is a woefully limited footballer. Quite frankly, I don't see the point of Milner.

Watching City in the second half of last season and in pre-season was a massive chore. Dour, joyless football that's made me very disillusioned, whilst giving no assurances that it'll get any better.

Ireland injects intelligence into our play - other than perhaps Michael Johnson, there's no-one in the squad with a comparable football brain. Worrying.

I take it this is a piss take

dctid said:
Lots and lots of reports about Ireland being a make weight in the Milner deal and with MON basically saying something will happen soon the writing is on the wall.

UNited have Giggs - Liverpool Gerrard - Chelski Terry and Arsenal Fabregas (for the time being at least) all players that symbolise their clubs and have been with their clubs man and boy - Ireland could have been that man for us - if he does go and i hope he stays i for one will be gutted.

You're not alone ..... 'i'll be gutted if Ireland goes too!

Villa feel that at , at a proposed £8 million , Ireland would be a 'steal' , and i agree with them ...... paying over the odds to gain Milner , and losing a player of Irelands ability into the bargain , is hardly a deal that would excite me.

But i suppose Mancini knows best.

dctid said:

Was told this would happen and posted it in transfer forum.Balotelli and Ibrahimovic will be here by end of month.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.