All things Stevie Ireland [Merged]

Chick Counterfly said:
not my fault! said:
He wasnt at the open day or at the game tonight.... Just saying.

I'm assuming you're talking about Bridge....Insua is apparently off to Genoa, so I reckon it's possible Wayne could indeed be on his way to the Wannabe Billionaires.

Nah unless we bring in another left back - Cunningham aint going to cut it yet if ever -

Chick Counterfly said:
not my fault! said:
He wasnt at the open day or at the game tonight.... Just saying.

I'm assuming you're talking about Bridge....Insua is apparently off to Genoa, so I reckon it's possible Wayne could indeed be on his way to the Wannabe Billionaires.

Bridge is injured, that's why he wasn't involved yesterday or today

Don't think we're getting rid of Bridge just yet.

Not because Cunningham isn't good enough to cover - I don't think the lads done one thing wrong so far - but because Kolarov needs to prove he can adjust to the league before we establish him as the first choice. January, maybe.

Ireland, think he's off. I'm not too excited about Milner coming and him going but well.. there's a reason Milner was young player of the year last season.. and if Mancini, the gaffer who's seen him train for the past 6 months now thinks he's not worth a spot in our 25, then I say fair enough.

Whether he will ever regain or better his form of 08/09 is to be seen, but I think if anyone can hazard an intelligent guess on the matter, it'd be someone who saw him perform day in day out.

Yes, it is true; when he played at the beginning of the season, he did not look a world beater, but get real; a new system, tons of new players and a new role in the team. His form dipped, confidence fell, injury struck, and he never got back in the team (if my memory serves me right, which it probably doesn´t, but you get the point).

But am I wrong in saying he did have a ton of minor annoying injuries which prevented him from getting back into form last year? I remember quite well the Everton game at home, where he started in his favoured position (for once), started to get hold of the match, and then that bloody Heitinga stamped his foot. To me, this seemed to be what Stevies season was all about.

IMO, if we put a little trust in Ireland he will be the player he was in 08/09, and go on to be a great player for this club, of that I am sure. Que the "he´s not good enough for where we are going"- "one season wonder"- "ireland is crazy and has a fishtank in his kitchen" - brigade.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.