All those blue Mancs in exile...

Impeccable One said:
17 years ago to South Carolina, USA. Been in Orlando, FL for last 7 years. Still get 'home' 2-3 times per year and was lucky enough to be at the Newcastle & QPR games.

Should come over Jacksonville/St Aug/Palm Coast area for a match next season...meet us Blues over here.

Ive been gone fourteen years and am now thoroughly happy that we upped and left Manchester. Glad I no longer spend everyday surrounded by miserable cunts and thieving Chavvy bastards.

Miss a good pie, fish n chips, proper sweeties, City and just a walk to the local offy, but that is about as far as it goes. Yanks are ridiculous MOSTLY, but not to sour this place enough to want to leave.

Left to go backpacking in Oz in summer 93, I remember my last season ticket was £55 in the Kippax! Lived in various countries and always made me laugh the reaction I got when I wore my City top, half the time people would say 'Ah Manchester, top of the league' and I would have to explain, no this was the other team from Manchester. Also lived in Brighton and now London for the last 8 years so have to put up with plenty of plastic rags. I went to QPR away this season and paid £55 for the ticket, how times change!

Not too far, moved with a work transfer 74 miles away to Mansield in Nottinghamshire.

Still made it over for the parade though and even got my pic on the City website stood on the town hall windowledge!

My dad left Manchester in the late 1960's, moved to Jersey for a few years and then Blackpool for the rest of his life. Had me there in 1984, died in 1985, now im in London with a juniout blue of my own and I hope to take my family line back to the City before long! :)

I left Ashton in 1988 first to Acton in London and after meeting the first Mrs WB over to Sydney,in 1995.
When I first arrived here,the enormity of leaving going to the match behind struck me quite heavily and I contemplated coming home for that reason alone.
I'd been a season ticket holder for twenty years up until 1995,and even when I lived in London I managed the majority of games,so the change in lifestyle was dramatic to say the least.
My mam has been sending me stuff from the City shop ever since and at first no one knew what City was now it's changed and the Foxtel is a god send,when I first arrived there was half an hour show on the ABC and that was your lot,now you can watch any game at any time.
I miss going to the game and when my lad turns four we're going over and he's coming with me and I honestly can't wait,hope he is as taken with it as I was and keeps the flag flying.

waterloo blue said:
I left Ashton in 1988 first to Acton in London and after meeting the first Mrs WB over to Sydney,in 1995.
When I first arrived here,the enormity of leaving going to the match behind struck me quite heavily and I contemplated coming home for that reason alone.
I'd been a season ticket holder for twenty years up until 1995,and even when I lived in London I managed the majority of games,so the change in lifestyle was dramatic to say the least.
My mam has been sending me stuff from the City shop ever since and at first no one knew what City was now it's changed and the Foxtel is a god send,when I first arrived there was half an hour show on the ABC and that was your lot,now you can watch any game at any time.
I miss going to the game and when my lad turns four we're going over and he's coming with me and I honestly can't wait,hope he is as taken with it as I was and keeps the flag flying.

Word of advice, mate, leave your trip back until your lad is a bit older.
I took my daughter over when she was nearly 4 and it was a fucking nightmare. Just me and her went, i was on the verge of a meltdown when we got back and now she remembers very little about it, 4 years later.

My son demands i take him next, no way!!, not until he is at least 8.

pominoz said:
waterloo blue said:

I took my daughter over when she was nearly 4 and it was a fucking nightmare. Just me and her went, i was on the verge of a meltdown when we got back and now she remembers very little about it, 4 years later.

sound advice that - i couldnt imagine travelling with my eldest for the footy until he was old enough to understand and more importantly, LISTEN to me every now & then!
We are in Sydney and the thought of a 24hr trip with him and his little sister brings out the sweats!
Foxtel is fine for now!

citytravelagent said:
pominoz said:
waterloo blue said:

sound advice that - i couldnt imagine travelling with my eldest for the footy until he was old enough to understand and more importantly, LISTEN to me every now & then!
We are in Sydney and the thought of a 24hr trip with him and his little sister brings out the sweats!
Foxtel is fine for now!
We won't have a choice unfortunately as my neice is getting married,it's in September and he'll be nearly five and I've blocked out the trauma of when we took him last time(phenergen is shite).
I might skip the match with him but do the stadium tour,as you say he won't remember and I can get on the lash.

Left Denton when I was 21, 6 years ago now..
since then been spreading the good word in Bucharest, Muscat and now settling in Cambodia (already have the staff at the local sports bar kitted out in blue)..
Haven't made it back home for a year now due to work commitments, but looking at getting back for the first few games next season.. as well as a stop off in Malaysia to watch the friendly.. Still miss home a lot some days, but then I just hop in my hammock with a $0.20 beer and rock it out of me.. works most of the time..

surrounded by idiots said:
Moved to Brisbane 8 1/2 years ago with wife and 1 kid, now got another and they are both as City as could be, I've no regrets, just the odd pang or two at 2 a.m. sat in my living room watching Fox sports and wishing I was somewhere else

get down the pig & whistle for games mate, its like the kippax :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.