All time favourite matchday

Gillingham was amazing, so was the 5-1 and the 6-1, but the FA cup semi final has to be the best - Fantastic!

Although Wembley trips are brilliant I'm going to say my first ever away game, beating Villa 2-1 Reid and ward scored. Being a 14 year old and my first experience of what's it like to go on the train with 5000 other blues and being our first away win of season was unbelievable.

allan harper said:
Although Wembley trips are brilliant I'm going to say my first ever away game, beating Villa 2-1 Reid and ward scored. Being a 14 year old and my first experience of what's it like to go on the train with 5000 other blues and being our first away win of season was unbelievable.

Mine was this...for eerily similar reasons (first away game discounting OT..and about 15)

I say 'was' as the semi and final last year both trumped it. Final with the green man experience afterwards edges it for me though. The first trophy I've seen us win, elation, the tears, the hour long rendition of YaYa toure/delilah at the top of everyones voice (with quite a few OH balotellis thrown in) as well as the "35 minutes..and we're still here".

It was the celebration of a few generations with the weight of the trophyless monkey off our backs. Fantastic

Tbilisi said:
Beating United 3 - 1 Nov 9th Keegan era with Chuckle 1 spitting on his own shirt etc - perfect day from start to (very long)finish

Agreed, add to that the last ever MR derby, the goats 99th and 100th goals for the club and before the game no-one gave us a chance.

Either beating Ipswich in the semi in '81

Or beating united 5-1 at Maine Road.

For some reason, even though I've been dreaming all my life about seeing us win trophies, beating united like we did at Wembley and challenging for the title, now it's happening, it's all a bit underwhelming for some reason.

Can't decide between Dennis Tueart's comeback, or a match against Brum, circa '82.

Tueart, I suppose, because I was mid teens and not long been going regularly with my mates. This was my first 'big' occaision. I wish I could go back and tell myself to stop hanging on to my childhood and use the money I was still wasting on Airfix models and the like to go to footie instead. I don't miss the Airfix, but I'll never get back the matches I didn't go to......

As for the Brum game, I'd not go this time around (would have been better off buying an Airfix kit but I was too old by then!). Worst match I've ever been to. As I remember it, the only shot on goal (infact, the only shot at all) was their penalty somewhere near the end. Although I could have missed something, I think I fell asleep in the second half (and there were no seats in those days!).

For me top three

1. Colin Bells comeback game I was in my mid teens and the buzz that went the ground at half time was just unbelievable you had to be there , i am tingling just writing this ....

2. Beat United in last years semi final and seeing eveyone going mental with my son at the end was unreal....

3. Villa away mid 90's me and my mate pissed before game which we won, then managed to blag a coach back to Maine Rd straight to the Oasis concert ..and had to fight our way across rusholme on the way home as it was Eid and there were lots of fights on rusholme rd that night ...

Very Memorable one and all

being totally pissed as fuck at the semi-final last year, looking around in tears, seeing my equally pissed up dad in tears, seeing my pissed up mates i've known for years in tears and many other blues in tears, hugging completely random strangers as if i'd known them for years and the buzz coming out of wembley was out of this world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.