All Time Top 1100 Albums (Aerosmith - Big Ones) P265

Yup.

Crosby's effort, and I say that loosely, was a mish mash of rubbish sung by a bloke who probably had no idea what the hell was going on. Beck had the same effort but with more skill.

Similar outcomes though. Beck gets the extra point for "Loser."
Fair enough...........

Beck's an incredible, interesting and underrated talent, he's one of those people, whether you love his stuff or not, that makes music so interesting, I've always liked musicians who bring something a bit different, and Beck's up there with the very best, "Cellphone's dead" still one of my all time favourites.

Beck's an incredible, interesting and underrated talent, he's one of those people, whether you love his stuff or not, that makes music so interesting, I've always liked musicians who bring something a bit different, and Beck's up there with the very best, "Cellphone's dead" still one of my all time favourites.

What would you rate Mellow Gold out of 10 ?

Dear @FogBlueInSanFran ,

I have been looking for the perfect opportunity to unleash my newly learnt phrase of 'Gen X slacker Dylan vibe' in the workplace but have been struggling to define an appropriate setting.

Please could you advise when it would be best deployed so that I utilise to maximum effect.

Thanks in advance,

Mr Onholiday

Xxx

Dear @FogBlueInSanFran ,

I have been looking for the perfect opportunity to unleash my newly learnt phrase of 'Gen X slacker Dylan vibe' in the workplace but have been struggling to define an appropriate setting.

Please could you advise when it would be best deployed so that I utilise to maximum effect.

Thanks in advance,

Mr Onholiday

Xxx
Well, recognize this record is 25 plus years old! Gen Xers are in their (err, our) 40s and 50s now. But I’d just find the person of this age at your workplace who (a) appears to have taken the fewest baths, (b) has an affinity for plaid, (c) eats a lot of vegetables and (d) likes Sonic Youth’s later albums, and you’ll probably find an opportunity.

Cheers Blues, real good mix of reviews and scores for Beck - although it seems Mellow Gold reaches below average score and his ‘Odelay’ album would fare higher.

Beck / Mellow Gold
11 votes
Average Score = 4.8

new album review tomorrow.
Updated table on Page 1

Last edited:
Cheers Blues, real good mix of reviews and scores for Beck - although it seems Mellow Gold reaches below average score and his ‘Odelay’ album would fare higher.

Beck / Mellow Gold
11 votes
Average Score = 4.8

new album review tomorrow.
Updated table on Page 1
Talking Heads might have already won this list with an insurmountable dizzy heights score of 7 point something.......... ;-)

6/1000

1624614755852.png

Bad Company is the debut studio album by the English hard rock supergroup Bad Company. The album was recorded at Headley Grange with Ronnie Lane's Mobile Studio in November 1973, and it was the first album released on Led Zeppelin's Swan Song Records label

The album reached the top of the US Billboard 200. Since then, the album has been certified five times platinum by the RIAA, and became the 46th best selling album of the 1970s. The album spent 25 weeks in the UK Albums Chart, entering at No. 10 on June 15 1974, and reaching its highest position of No. 3 in the second week.

1. Can't Get Enough
2. Rock Steady
3. Ready For Love
4. Don't Let Me Down
5. Bad Company
6. The Way I Choose
7. Movin' On
8. Seagull

Here we go! review No 6 - It's our first 'supergroup' with singer Paul Rodgers and drummer Simon Kirke from Free, Mick Ralphs from Mott the Hoople and Boz Burrell from King Crimson - impressive line up!
- 'Bad Company' have so many big hits on here all with a loud blues pop vibe kicking off with 'Can't Get Enough' - title track 'Bad Company' is a real gem and a staple of their live concerts and the other hit 'Movin On' is a great track - Rodgers voice is just suited for this big rock vibe and he's a great frontman - with driving rhythms, heavy bass lines and loads of guitar hooks, whilst nothing groundbreaking it set out what it achieved, a big no nonsence rock/blues album. very enjoyable.

anyhow, give this a go and score out of 10 by the end of next week

This placed 323 out of the Top 1000

7/10

Have a good weekend Blues

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.