All Time Top 1100 Albums (Aerosmith - Big Ones) P265

Still play the odd one or two off this when I'm in the mood, though its probably 3 decades since I heard it as an album, it's a 7 from me for Paul Rodgers voice alone, Feel like making love now

Just can never get into Bad Company, don't know what it is. Perhaps because I listened to so much similar stuff from later artists that fitted my era that I just don't appreciate them. I can hear in this album The Eagles, Foreigner, Rainbow, Lynyrd Skynyrd and many others that I will gladly listen to regularly, but there's nothing really outstanding on here other than Can't Get Enough. Rodgers' voice is very pleasant (again someone I rarely listen to) without really having anything too difficult to do and everything is well produced. Just that there's so much better of this ilk.

6/10

Maybe on another day I'd score it higher, just wasn't in the mood for this type of music today. I'll try some of their other stuff again.

EDIT: Just moved onto their next album, Straight Shooter - way better, but I'll reserve my score for when it pops up in this thread sometime in the next 20 years.

Last edited:
Sounds ok first listen. I'm warming to it as i go along. The effects of the weed are kicking in too, coincidentally. But this sounds decent now.
One criticism; It sounds a bit dated for 1974....like it's from 1970. Like Free and Cream...bands like that. Dont Let Me Down is pretty decent,isn't? Movin' On.. whoa whoa whoa. ha. this comment has taken me half an hour.. longer now
6/10
*edit...I'm knocking it up to a 7/10 after the last song :))

7/10

Last edited:
Sounds ok first listen. I'm warming to it as i go along. The effects of the weed are kicking in too, coincidentally. But this sounds decent now.
One criticism; It sounds a bit dated for 1974....like it's from 1970. Like Free and Cream...bands like that. Dont Let Me Down is pretty decent,isn't? Movin' On.. whoa whoa whoa. ha. this comment has taken me half an hour.. longer now
6/10
*edit...I'm knocking it up to a 7/10 after the last song :))

7/10

Ha. Not sure this is the right album to get stoned too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.