All Time Top 1100 Albums (Aerosmith - Big Ones) P265

Well for what it's worth, I'd like you to still post in here BW.

Will be to the detriment of the thread if we all agree and I find you insightful.

P.s. the death threads a decent read as well............ ;-)
I couldn’t agree more. In fact, Bill’s perspective as an ACTUAL musician is super important. The more diverse and knowledgeable the participants, the better the discussion.

As to it being a "sellout" I remember in the runup to it coming out there was concern about reports of a new direction, Bob Rock producing it, etc.

I remember saying to one of my metalhead friends "oh man, there's supposed to be a LOVE song on this. I'm worried!'

And he responded 'Janes Hetfield doesn't love ANYTHING. I bet it's about love of money!'

In retrospect it turned out well. Still laugh about that exchange with him whenever we talk and relive the back in the day times.

Well mate I don't know what I have done to cause you to make such personal insults, I'm now not just pretentious but a snob as well.

I don't know what to say really except that I thought this thread was a respectful place and people's opinions about whatever brand music were respected. (And welcomed).

I left the thread earlier after a little stoush with fogblueinSF over his scoring of nought from 10 for the Leonard Cohen album... (Ok Begrudgingly a 1) but thought I would dip my toe in again as I like talking about music. And Foggy is a nice bloke).
I must admit I didn't expect to be called a pretentious snob. It should be just fun really, were are all grown ups.
It's really difficult wanting to comment on something like an album but knowing you will maybe illicit unwelcome name calling. And it's not a good outcome for Blue Hammers excellent thread.
Best all round if I back away from the thread (again).
All good, it's only the internet.
I'll get back to my death thread..:)

Dear Bill,

I think you are taking my comments rather too personally and far too seriously: they certainly aren't meant to be insults.

Also, just to be really clear, I didn't say you were pretentious anyway, I said the comment was.

I'm not going to say anything more and I won't comment on any more of your opinions as I would hate someone to leave a thread on my account. Unless of course you want to discuss the new Yes album.

I really don't like heavy metal much at all and didn't expect to have much of anything positive to say about this album. I was pleasantly surprised though and found a few of the tracks quite enjoyable and worth listening to a few times. Obviously the stand out tracks (to me at least) were Nothing Else Matters and Enter Sandman but there was nothing that I felt was unlistenable or an affront to the ears.

Not an album that I'd buy but I wouldn't mind listening to it again at some time. 6/10 from me.

Dear Bill,

I think you are taking my comments rather too personally and far too seriously: they certainly aren't meant to be insults.

Also, just to be really clear, I didn't say you were pretentious anyway, I said the comment was.

I'm not going to say anything more and I won't comment on any more of your opinions as I would hate someone to leave a thread on my account. Unless of course you want to discuss the new Yes album.
Reading all the comments, I'm sure that this was some misunderstanding. I wouldn't want to lose you or @Bill Walker from these threads as I see you both as valuable posters.

Dear Bill,

Cheers for that mate, if you met me Im the least pretentious or snobby person, Im ordinary and very boring. Please continue to comment on my comments, dont put me on that nasty ignore list :)

PS I havent heard the new YES album, I still cant get over Jon not being part of it :( I lost a bit of interest after the Union debacle.

Oh my God! Just learned that there is an 11CD Deluxe Box Set Remastered edition available for The Black Album. Released just last month so still should be readily available for those that might be interested.
11 CD Box-set? That's nearly a CD for each song!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.