Allardyce is a Joke

scorer said:
Bluemoonbaldboy said:
It's sports full stop the top tax rate is affecting Usian Bolt is refusing to compete over here because of it.

I unsertand the BOC are trying to sort something out for him (I think that is shameful). Hardly as if he'sever going to be short os a bob or two is it?

Quite frankly it is a full package and like I said I bet many Prem deals are based on the footballers net requirements (ie how much they'll get after tax). If people dont want to pay tax and support this country then they can bugger off.
I assume Allardyce's point is that the clubs have to now pay a lot more than club's in other countries to meet these net demands. As such, players who were previously within their reach no longer are.

scorer said:
stumpy_mcfc said:
You should be happy with Bolt then because he buggered off.

In principle yes I am. However, if the earlier point made about having his world wide earnings being taxed then I have sympathy. Surely the British government cannot tax revenue that is not earned in this country? However if by world wide earning it means money he gains through performing in this country and selling his images, then it is more complex.

Let me stress, I am not sure about that - I just feel that is what I heard in the reporting. I am sure some of the clever clogs on here will be able shed some light on this because I thought that was strange as well.

Dubai Blue said:
scorer said:
I unsertand the BOC are trying to sort something out for him (I think that is shameful). Hardly as if he'sever going to be short os a bob or two is it?

Quite frankly it is a full package and like I said I bet many Prem deals are based on the footballers net requirements (ie how much they'll get after tax). If people dont want to pay tax and support this country then they can bugger off.
I assume Allardyce's point is that the clubs have to now pay a lot more than club's in other countries to meet these net demands. As such, players who were previously within their reach no longer are.

I agree with your comments but unfortunately it's a hard life (for the many millions of unemployed peole). Premiership Footballers are hardly likely to ever be poor. Clubs will have to learn to manage the situation, there will always be somebody willing to pay 50% tax on 80k a week.

I would be happy to do so as would I bet 99.99999% of posters on here.<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:24 pm --<br /><br />
stumpy_mcfc said:
scorer said:
In principle yes I am. However, if the earlier point made about having his world wide earnings being taxed then I have sympathy. Surely the British government cannot tax revenue that is not earned in this country? However if by world wide earning it means money he gains through performing in this country and selling his images, then it is more complex.

Let me stress, I am not sure about that - I just feel that is what I heard in the reporting. I am sure some of the clever clogs on here will be able shed some light on this because I thought that was strange as well.

You and me both ;o).

There will be some tax accountants on here that will have a far better picture than me (or you I guess).

scorer said:
Dubai Blue said:

I agree with your comments but unfortunately it's a hard life (for the many millions of unemployed peole). Premiership Footballers are hardly likely to ever be poor. Clubs will have to learn to manage the situation, there will always be somebody willing to pay 50% tax on 80k a week.

I would be happy to do so as would I bet 99.99999% of posters on here.

-- Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:24 pm --

stumpy_mcfc said:

You and me both ;o).

There will be some tax accountants on here that will have a far better picture than me (or you I guess).

Yeah, it' true. As far as I'm aware the situation is thus: If he runs in one event here then that opens him up for a percentage of his total global earnings for the year being taxed here, so his endorsements ads etc. It would mean that he would pay more tax here on those global earnings than he would make from the race. Pretty understandable that he wouldn't wanna fly here, race, and make a loss. I wouldn't fly across the world for my job if i came out of it with less money than staying at home doing nowt.

As for the olympics there's an exception for all the olympians in 2012 to avoid any issues like this.

He's still a rag though. Just a fucking speedy one.

Allardyce has a point, regardless of the morals of the amount of money earned by "stars" If a tax system is stopping them plying their trade in the UK then it is wrong. Footballers ask for a net amount to ensure that they get what they think they are worth, this means that the clubs end up paying the Tax and NHI which clearly some can't afford. The consquence of this is that the players don't come and therfore in time the EPL will become weaker thus affecting its worldwide appeal and as it is a net earner contributing to the UK GDP then its not good. Lets face it the upper tax rate was introduced by Brown operating the politics of envy
Bolts problem is due to the Inland Revenue's policy of taxing overseas sports stars in the UK on their global endorsement income. As well taxing competitors on prize money earned in the UK, athletes are taxed on their global endorsement income, calculated on the proportion of events they play in Britain. If, for example, Bolt races 10 times in a year with just one event in the UK, the taxman would claim 10 per cent of his multi-million dollar earnings.

Goater's Shin said:
scorer said:

I would be happy to do so as would I bet 99.99999% of posters on here.

-- Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:24 pm --

You and me both ;o).

Yeah, it' true. As far as I'm aware the situation is thus: If he runs in one event here then that opens him up for a percentage of his total global earnings for the year being taxed here, so his endorsements ads etc. It would mean that he would pay more tax here on those global earnings than he would make from the race. Pretty understandable that he wouldn't wanna fly here, race, and make a loss. I wouldn't fly across the world for my job if i came out of it with less money than staying at home doing nowt.

As for the olympics there's an exception for all the olympians in 2012 to avoid any issues like this.

He's still a rag though. Just a fucking speedy one.

Thanks for clearing that up for me and scorer :-0 I think it is a shame that he does not race here because some of the young English lads would have been made up racing against him.

Oh yes he is a f**king rag :-)

what a despicable excuse of man this twat is, a natural born liar, faker,& creep. the geordies got it right first time........you dont know what you doing..

That is why the clubs will employ the service of accountants, they will help the players pay less tax through creative accounting............or legalised lying to the tax man in 'proper ' English

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.