Allardyce leaves job after Telegraph sting

A nightclub was a very different beast in the 1980's. Suits, carpets and lots of beer was the formula. Violent, unsophisticated places, but they made good money.

Then, in the early 90's, drugs started to take a proper grip on the nation's youth.

And some of those existing nightclubs bought into the new culture. And some did not.

The owners of the ones that did, in the main, continued to have a great lifestyle and through mental gymnastics (and intellectual dishonesty) they justified what their nightclubs had become associated with, even if that was something they'd previously rejected - because it was keeping them in a lifestyle they'd become accustomed to - and felt they deserved. They turned a blind eye.

In an uncertain world, people are nearly always going to want to protect something that gives them a degree of financial certainty and status. That's just the way it is.
I miss the 80's it suited me :-(

Baffles me as to why and how people are still interested in the national team.
Well international football in general.

Packing out Wembley for a pointless friendly, I mean do people literally have money and time to burn?
I lost interest a long time ago, the national stadium should of been built in the middle of the country making it easier/quicker for everyone to get to.

Or force the national team to play at random club stadiums throughout the country... But no the greedy fucker won't do this as they want to pay off the Wembley build cost and earn a few quid in having it at their venue.

Absolutely agree – the National stadium should be somewhere near the NEC in Birmingham.

To rebuild it in North London was a disgrace perpetrated by self-serving fuckers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.