Allardyce was on the verge of becoming Man City manager, deal fell through at the last second...

Yet they’ve not done it to Hodgson, Southgate etc. He’s always been a bit dodgy.
Hodgson, Capello and McClaren all suffered at the hands of the media in this country. For whatever reason Southgate is their darling.

We all know the games that both the FA and the media play, we’ve experienced it first-hand.

I’d be more suspicious about the ones treated nicely by that rotten mob, than the ones that aren’t. They’re more likely to be crooked.

He did f*ck all wrong, and even the thing that they tried to get him to do was above board.

Hodgson, Capello and McClaren all suffered at the hands of the media in this country. For whatever reason Southgate is their darling.

We all know the games that both the FA and the media play, we’ve experienced it first-hand.

I’d be more suspicious about the ones treated nicely by that rotten mob, than the ones that aren’t. They’re more likely to be crooked.

He did f*ck all wrong, and even the thing that they tried to get him to do was above board.
He spoke to fake businessmen about how to get around controversial third party ownership and referred to HMRC as “corrupt”.

I’m Welsh but wouldn’t want anyone like that at the FAW. I was upset enough when they brought Giggs in.

He spoke to fake businessmen about how to get around controversial third party ownership and referred to HMRC as “corrupt”.

I’m Welsh but wouldn’t want anyone like that at the FAW. I was upset enough when they brought Giggs in.
How to get around, within the laws of the game. As I said, all above board.

It’s like Jimmy Carr et all using tax loopholes. Why wouldn’t you? It’s not up to them to close those loopholes, it’s up to the govt, just as it’s up to the FA in this case.

If the FA takes a dim view of third-party ownership, it’s up to the FA to ensure it’s rules on it are tight. Sam offering advice on those rules is perfectly legit, and he declined to do so anyway, simply met with the men to discuss the prospect.

He referred to HMRC as corrupt, not the other way around. Was he not entitled to that opinion?

You compare him to a two-timing violent thug like Giggs, simply for considering to provide legitimate consultancy services to someone who was duping him into a press sting?

Big Sam left England by mutual consent after one game yet you defend him to the end. I’d sooner Pearce had stayed on.

It’s why Redknapp nor Clough got the job. Too renegade.

didnt allardyce only leave bolton because gartside thought bolton had out grown him ?
what a knob that gartside was
I'm pretty sure it was the other way around. At the time, Allardyce kept lamenting that he never got the credit he deserved for what he achieved at Notlob with a minimal transfer budget.

He felt he'd get greater recognition at a bigger club, with a better playing squad budget & expectations. Notlob thought they'd be fine without Fat Sam as they saw themselves as a regular PL team.

If anything, in both minds I think they outgrew each other.

Big Sam left England by mutual consent after one game yet you defend him to the end. I’d sooner Pearce had stayed on.

It’s why Redknapp nor Clough got the job. Too renegade.
I’m sorry, is he supposed to be behind bars for resigning from a job? Why do you hold that against him so bad? He was forced into it, he wouldn’t have wanted to but the circumstances we just talked about above left him no choice

Yes, I actually did want Pearce for the job when he was in the running. That was when Hodgson got the job, not Allardyce.

A lot of people did want Redknapp at the time, he would have been the public’s choice on the whole.

Preferring one or another manager for the job at that time doesn’t mean Allardyce is comparable to Giggs. Neither does anything that happened at that meeting.

@MCFC Wirral, I defend him because he didn’t do anything wrong, yet was hounded out of a job for it, and is now being compared to two-timing wife-beater Giggs for it! That’s insane.

The original question was whether he would have done a good job for us instead of Sven and then possibly also Sparky.

In answer to that I would say going on his record at Bolton up till then, absolutely yes, and also with West Ham, Sunderland, Palace and Everton since then, absolutely yes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.