Allsvenskan 2024 Swedish League

kingn6

End of March sees the start of Swedish football season. Time to pick your team. I will try to liken them to an English team so you get the vibe of the club.

Favourites for the league are Malmö followed AIK and Djurgården.

AIK- A hybrid of United and Arsenal. They have large following and used to be top dog 15-20 years ago. They complain about pther spending a lot of money but spend a significant amount themselves. They play in black and yellow

Häcken- A bit like Wolves. They have very specific recruitmemt method. Instead of going portugese they recruit talented african playrrs. They play in yellow and black

Djurgården- the chelsea of the league. The affluent club from the capital who like to spend big. Have won the league a few times recently. The play in dark blue and sky blue

GAIS (pronunced Guys)- Have a big following and strong tradition. A bit like the old version of Newcastle or City. Generally liked by their rival fans except for IFK Gothenbueg

Halmstad- a bit like Blackburn won a suprising title. Average following and pretty average in every other sense. Plays in dark blur with black or white.

Hammarby- The West Ham of the league. The working Class club in the capital with big and loyal following regardless of division.

Brommapojkarna- A bit like brighton they unearth talents and sell them to the bigger clubs. Small following since they are the 4th club in the capital. They play in red and black.

Elfsborg- Like Villa. They have decent academy, decent following and generally not hated by most rivals. They have recent revival and could be candidate for the title. They play in yellow and black.

IFK Göteborg- They are lik e the current United. They think they belong at the top but are closer to the relegation places. They have soke Euroean pedigree but are no longer antwhere near that. Not liked by rivals. Plays in blue and white.

Värnamo- A small club with no real tradition. Focus on local players bit like old Burnley. They play in blue and white.

Sirius- A club with a soecific approach a bit like Brentofrd. Should be midtable. They play in blue and blakc

Kalmar- The boro of the league they have had great succes with brazilian signings. They play in red and white. Everything else is average

Norrköping- Spurs of the league although they have won the league more recently. Decent following. They tend to collapse when it matters. They play in white and blue.

Malmö- Like new City everybody hates them. They keep winning. Their manager has an innovative playing style. Had a great following in the early 200s when they were releagated. They play in Skyblue

Mjällby- small club who constanly overachieves and play a very direct game. They are bit likeStoke of old. They play in yellow and black.

Västerås (the town in Game of Thrones)- A bit like Luton. They have returned to the top flight after several season in the lower leagues. Will fight tooth and nails to survive. They plat in green and white.

Last edited:
I'll go for West Hammarby - The fact that you've likened each one to an English team is helpful but seriously tainting my otherwise ignorant choice.

Oh, nice thread and good work likening them to English clubs. I used to go for West Ham but that's been tainted by the guy who posts on here.

I'll go for Värnamo as you've sold them on me, but can I have Malmö as my second team because I'm a glory hunting Blue??

Good post. I like the look of AIK, the only team playing in black and yellow - maybe apart from Hammarby, whose colours aren't specified. There are three teams playing in yellow and black, which is a lot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.