Almost 25 years

That is quite an impressive record and I despise Blair. If it wasnt for the Iraq war this could have continued.

Agreed ...... Im no fan of Blairs either however I am a fan of people who do stuff and get things done. At the other end of the spectrum was the tumbleweed of a Government we've had to endure for the last 14 years

What a waste of time.

Who are the rich? What level of tax?, what infrastructure? How does renationalisation improve fiscal position? What would it cost and how would it be paid for?
People with over £10M who’s wealth is able to keep going up at unbelievable rates without them having to spend a penny of said £10M.The divide between rich and poor is allowed to keep growing at an alarming rate and covid accelerated that further.

They’re a big reason why people like teachers are now struggling to buy a house.The argument that they’d just all sell up and leave the country if they were taxed more heavily is flawed. As most their wealth is in property and land. They can’t take their houses with them to Dubai! What chance is there when the last PM was probably making about £40M a year in interest alone from his substantial wealth?

Reactions: PPT
What we will get, unless we do something about it, is an ever-widening wealth gap until this place is like India or Brazil. That is a few wealthy people and many more with fuck all. We are already halfway there, and I'm tempted to say this is what capitalism does when you let it loose.

Such societies are not as happy, statistically, as those with a more equal distribution. (Note, more equal, not equal. The latter is impossible.)

I blame successive governments. The Tories are happy with it, and Labour do next to fuck all to change it. I also blame the voters for their obsessive fear of change. Any suggestion to make this better would be called 'taking away from people who work hard to give more to scroungers'.

Well, there's a price to pay for blatant inequality and we are starting to pay it.

That is quite an impressive record and I despise Blair. If it wasnt for the Iraq war this could have continued.

I started to look at that list mate and one thing that popped out at me was “free breast cancer screening” as it’s an area I have some knowledge in… the NHSBSP was introduced in 1988 with a mission to routinely screen all women aged between 50 and 70. There were issues getting it running in NI due to NI being stuck in the dark ages, maybe that’s what they are trying to claim as their achievement?

Certainly some creative license being applied here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.