Alonso {MERGED}

Re: Alonso

Stephen Ireland, Gareth Barry and Michael Johnson play central midfield/attacking midfield and I would class Gareth Barry more as a Central midfielder rather than a defensive midfielder, so that leaves us with 3 central midfielders, Nigel De Jong defensive midfield , Pablo Zabaleta back to RB with Vincent Kompany in CB Xabi Alonso who can also play CM and DM would be a brilliant move for Manchester City. He would give us more options if Elano does leave and it would allow nobody to be taking their place for granted.

Michael Johnson, Stephen Ireland, Gareth Barry and Xabi Alonso central midfield and Nigel De Jong with Xabi Alonso/Gareth Barry capable of playing the holding role with Pablo Zabaleta and Vincent Kompany available as possible resorts incase we have injuries.

Re: Alonso (Official)

Tricky_Trev said:
Skysports clockwatch got their "information" from the Daily Mail, which in turn got their "information" from Guillem Ballague's website yesterday. I find it funny that when news appears on more than one site and also in a paper, people believe it is new news or that the deal is now more likely. Everything you are currently reading about us and Chelsea being after Alonso has ultimately come from Guillem Ballague. And he's a twat.

I'm no fan of the Mail but I think you will find that they said last week that Hughes wants Alonso but does not think Scousers will sell him to us. The Mail certainly knew Adebayor was going to sign from whatever sources they have.

that would make us a world class team:

Barry ---- Alonso
-----Ireland-----
tev---ade-----rob

DJ and Komp does not have the playmaking ability needed within them

Freddan77 said:

Barry ---- Alonso
-----Ireland-----
tev---ade-----rob

maybe not, but SI, Barry and Alonso do not give us as much defensive cover

I don't think Alonso is the best midfielder in the league by a long shot. Essien, Gerrard, Barry, Fabregas, Carrick, Lampard - all better in my opinion.

And I have seen in Alonso that would suggest I would pick him over NDJ.

He isn't an automatic choice for Liverpool and Benitez wanted Barry to replace him

BringBackSwales said:
Freddan77 said:

Barry ---- Alonso
-----Ireland-----
tev---ade-----rob

maybe not, but SI, Barry and Alonso do not give us as much defensive cover

We should we have midfielders only knowing defence when no other PR top team is having that?? That's where we come short. Play two box-to-box players instead....

Alonso

I hate Alonso, not that he isn't a good player, he just comes across as a bit of a twat! Always getting players sent off rolling around (like Zab!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.