Alpha Anti virus

Mighty Mo

I accidentally downloaded Alpha Anti Virus which i don't want but i can't get rid of it. Everytime i try to delete it it takes me to a screen to get a licence(which costs money) Any ideas on how to get rid of this

Try the malware bytes site. They have some good software for removing this type of thing. Incidentally chances are this is not an antivirus at all but will probably end up wiping half your operating system if you did pay for the license.

Or try this <a class="postlink" href="http://www.spywareremove.com/removeAlphaAntivirus.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.spywareremove.com/removeAlphaAntivirus.html</a>

Use 'system restore' to put your computer back to a date before you had it ...... it shouldn't be there once it re-boots.

cheers mate I'll give that a try although i must admit it looks pretty complicated

Miami Weiss said:
Control panel, Programmes, Uninstall programmes,
search for it here and remove it.
First thing i tried thats when it took me to the screen asking to purchase a license, thanks anyway

Mighty Mo said:
I accidentally downloaded Alpha Anti Virus which i don't want but i can't get rid of it. Everytime i try to delete it it takes me to a screen to get a licence(which costs money) Any ideas on how to get rid of this

Alpha Antivirus is a misleading anti-virus program that deliberately displays fake security alerts and reports false system security threats to trick you into thinking your computer is infected with spyware, adware, Trojans or other malicious software. The graphical user interface of this bogus application is almost identical to widely spread rogue's anti-spyware application called Personal Antivirus. When the program is installed it will list a variety of infections and prompt you to pay for a full version of the program to remove infections which do not even exist. You shouldn't purchase this program. We strongly recommend you to uninstall Alpha Antivirus from your computer upon detection.

Alpha Antivirus is installed through the use of fake online anti-spyware scanners and Trojan viruses. Trojans, usually FakeAV, display fake security alerts and notifications stating that your PC is infected or under attack by an Internet virus. FakeAV variants may also download additional malware
. In this case is also installs a password stealer on the compromised computer. Once active, AlphaAntivirus will be automatically configured to imitate system scan and display bogus results each time you log on into Windows. As we have already mentioned, the scan results are fake, you may safely ignore them. The main goal of this infection is to trick you into purchasing totally useless software.

Furthermore, Alpha Antivirus will block anti-virus programs and security related websites to protect itself from being deleted. It may disable certain Windows tools and options too, for example Task Manager, Registry Editor and etc. The program will also impersonate Windows Security Center and state that you must purchase AlphaAntivirus to ensure full system protection. As you can see, this program is nothing more but a scam. Please use the removal guide below to remove Alpha Antivirus from your computer manually for free.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-alpha-antivirus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-r ... -antivirus</a>
It's a bugger to shift,but here's how.

Mighty Mo said:

If you still haven't sorted this out, PM me & I should be able to help out. Sounds like it's actually Spyware.

Mighty Mo said:

i got this bastard last week, and i had a mate who knew how to get rid of it, mind he took 2 days to get rid of it. he told me that its a russian con, get your money and nowt happens, it just stays there on your comp and you carnt get your comp to work

bluestevei said:
Mighty Mo said:

i got this bastard last week, and i had a mate who knew how to get rid of it, mind he took 2 days to get rid of it. he told me that its a russian con, get your money and nowt happens, it just stays there on your comp and you carnt get your comp to work

Should take 10 minutes to sort out with the right software.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.