Alternative media reaction

the_chinaman

I'm in South America and because of the time difference, I normally watch matches at home with a UK stream.

It was a treat against Brentford, as it was an afternoon kickoff here and I had the day off. So I watched it in a bar with a local feed.

What a difference in attitude from the commentators! The respect and appreciation for our football was a joy to hear, compared to the bitter arses from the UK media.

I managed to capture the reaction to our third - enjoy!

There's even a massive difference between streaming a dodgy Sky feed and watching the international feed in English, to be honest.

I have BT. I nearly always watch forighn streams. All the popups, the lag etc I dont mind. I cant stand the commentary we get from our rivals pundits, and even neutral ones on BT.

Female commentators in the UK are also good, no poison, no fkin stats on how much we spent or groans when we score.

I have BT. I nearly always watch forighn streams. All the popups, the lag etc I dont mind. I cant stand the commentary we get from our rivals pundits, and even neutral ones on BT.

Female commentators in the UK are also good, no poison, no fkin stats on how much we spent or groans when we score.
Hmmm females groaning you say ;-)

Wouldn't surprise me. There's an overwhelming audience in the UK that wants to see us fail.

Internationally we have a lot of bandwagon fans who want to be part of the new cool thing. Understandable that international broadcasts would cater to that.

I'm in South America and because of the time difference, I normally watch matches at home with a UK stream.

It was a treat against Brentford, as it was an afternoon kickoff here and I had the day off. So I watched it in a bar with a local feed.

What a difference in attitude from the commentators! The respect and appreciation for our football was a joy to hear, compared to the bitter arses from the UK media.

Bang on. We get caught up with the red top media here, but forget about the rest of the planet that judges us on our football.
They continue to sprout their bollocks, but the rest of the world isn't interested.
COYB!!!!

It contrasts so much with the negativity of the English media. Bitterness is the prevailing mood in virtually all of our press coverage. Football is one of the greatest joys in life but so many football hacks go out of their way to find a negative slant. And this negativity applies to coverage of everything in the UK. It's a disease really in our national culture.

To most young(ish) international football followers we are the new, cool, comeback kids who’ve punched the old bully boys on the nose.

Our coach is hip, playing style attractive, and success compelling.

We have dominated the majority of the new century so that goons like GPC are irrelevant historic fossils who don’t enter the conversation.

A lot of people still rally behind an oppressed under dog,particularly if it portrays a modern,relevant image,and if it out thinks, out works and out smarts the bigger bullies !!

Our international coverage is generally positive,balanced and constructive, which is all we should expect.

In the eyes of millions of international football fans we are the new century club with so much to admire.

England is broken,as is most of Western Europe.... but City are still building, still refining, perusing sporting, commercial and entertainment excellence.....and there’s more to come.

During the World Cup, I always preferred the British broadcasts but I think I’m lucky to have the US broadcasts for the PL. I do find they tend to hype up the “stars” and thus there is some unwarranted attention on players like TAA or excessive fawning over Palmer this year. But they do it for City players too. There is a lot of talk about the costs of teams - but Chelsea gets its worse IMO. And a lot more mentions of Liverpools “two starting XIs.” I find it generally pretty balanced overall - they want US folks to watch so it’s generally pretty positive.

I also think the US announcers tend to bring up players I feel like the Uk audience thinks are overlooked. For example, they often have very positive things to say about Akanji and Ake.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.