Alternative striker options

Sterling? Diaz?

Just thinking about saving money for centre half
I do think Sterling is going to be one of the key attackers this year whether he's coming off the bench or starting due to his versatility and pace. Can play him up top, sitting behind the actual striker, or on the wing. He has game breaking pace similar to Leroy but Leroy seems to be being molded as an W/WB more than a W/ST. Bringing him on when the games close for Aguero or Jesus at the 65th-70th minute could be devasting. Also, think he takes a huge step this year anyway so I would be inclined to agree with you. Though I still think we need 1 more attacking player at least for depth.

I think he'd be an excellent option but would he be happy to share time with Aguero and Jesus? Mbappe/Sanchez type would get more game time as they can play out wide (would also give the Sane and Sterling needed restbite)
PSG won't sell to us.

PSG won't sell to us.
Why not? They might need to, if they sign Mbappé and maybe Sanchez as well, they will need to offload at least a couple of big names. Cavani won't be happy dropping to 4th in the pecking order (however, as I said he wouldn't be much higher up at City)

Why not? They might need to, if they sign Mbappé and maybe Sanchez as well, they will need to offload at least a couple of big names. Cavani won't be happy dropping to 4th in the pecking order (however, as I said he wouldn't be much higher up at City)
Qatar and the UAE aren't the best of friends let's just put it like that.

Could be an ideal signing. Age profile not perfect but Sanchez isn't either.

Then again I've wanted cavani here since about 6 years ago so I might be in the minority here.

I'd take Cavani too, especially as PSG would be desperate to recoup some money if they sign Mmmmmmbop.
He's big, powerful and scores a bucketload. Provides plenty of assists too, so not just a goalscorer.

I doubt they sell him but I think Giroud would score a lot for us. Decent finisher.

I'd take Cavani too, especially as PSG would be desperate to recoup some money if they sign Mmmmmmbop.
He's big, powerful and scores a bucketload. Provides plenty of assists too, so not just a goalscorer.

I don't know why anyone thinks PSG are going to sell the striker who scored 49 goals in 50 games last season. More likely to sign Neymar from them.

I don't know why anyone thinks PSG are going to sell the striker who scored 49 goals in 50 games last season. More likely to sign Neymar from them.
Our fans are a strange bunch sometime.

Cavani is the 1st choice central striker. Neymar the first choice wing forward... Everyone else is probably moveable.

Our fans are a strange bunch sometime.

Cavani is the 1st choice central striker. Neymar the first choice wing forward... Everyone else is probably moveable.
I was saying this only if they sign Mbappé and Sanchez. Looks like they may not sign either. Cavani's spot is more than safe.

I was saying this only if they sign Mbappé and Sanchez. Looks like they may not sign either. Cavani's spot is more than safe.
Even if they signed both, it still won't affect Cavani. Cavani is comfortably one of the top 5bpure strikers in the world.
Suarez, Lewandoski, Aubameyang, and Cavani are indisputably in the top 5. So unless one of those other three, Messi or Ronaldo I doubt any other purchase challenges Cavani's supremacy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.