Alternative to Itunes?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mayor West, 7 Mar 2015.

1. Mayor West

Mayor West

I am in need of a new music player but i really don't want an ipod again.

What is the best alternative to an ipod, and therefore what is he best software to store all my downloads?

2. TCIB

TCIB

spotify premium mate. For a tenner a month it is spot on.

That or like a winamp alternative like foobar ?

3. Prestwich_Blue

Prestwich_Blue

Are you talking about hardware or software? Even if you have an iPod, you don't have to use iTunes. I use Winamp with the ml_ipod plugin and there are other alternatives you can use, although you have to be sure they support Apple devices.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Mayor West

Mayor West

Hmm not to sure about spotify, can you add all the songs you've downloaded to it? Don't like the sound of the cloud or whatever the fuck its called.

I get pretty much all my music from youtube, just want to download all of it to an alternative to itunes. And then obviously easily transfer it to something other than an i pod.

5. Mayor West

Mayor West

Ideally i don't want to use itunes or an ipod. There has to be better alternatives out there.

6. TCIB

TCIB

Yes mate you can download playlists to your device. just click a box above the first song saying "offline mode"

7. BayernMan

BayernMan

Have you tried MP3 players? Good luck trying to find alternatives to portable music players bar IPods, Apple has pretty much shut out that market unless you get a phone that plays music like a Galaxy, HTC, or Android.

Any particular reason you don't fancy IPods?

8. TCIB

TCIB

I thought ipods were dead and everyone just uses their phone now ?

9. Mayor West

Mayor West

I want it for running really so my phone is to big to take running. Something like an ipod mini, but apple have changed the connection/charge sockets which means even more outlay just for a charger which stupidly doesn't come with the ipod.

cheers for the replys though, ill see if i can get on with spotify and one of the ones PB mentioned.

10. TCIB

TCIB

You know, the gadget show does tests for stuff just like this mate. Maybe google a few keywords with "gadget show" chucked in the mix ?